Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Olympique de Marseille *** Official Match Thread ***

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
And then this happens. How many other clubs could/would do this in the 74th minute at 0-0 with a game you have to win? What a great manager we have

Off
Jack Hinshelwood 11/04/2005
18 years 8 months 4 days
Facundo Buonanotte 23/122004
18 years 11 months 23 days

On
James Milner 04/01/1986
37 years 11 months 11 days
Adam Lallana 10/05/1988
35 years 7 months 5 days
I wonder how many teams have had TWO players subbed off for their dads in the same game?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What flights are everyone on? Recommend any good pubs? Surprisingly quiet here at Gatwick
Can’t believe this!!!

It turns out we were playing at home - at the Amex!!! Why didn’t anyone tell me? NSC can **** off.

On the way to my hotel - expecting better service from the 5* “Le faux hôtel”. My contact who I paid (€342.92 including tip) says the swimming pool is extraordinary.

Just getting in a taxi now!

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Spending the past 6 hours at Gatwick has never been as good!(still 2 hours to go mind).
Quite a few Marseilles on the last train back toward London at midnight but very quiet and overawed by our football mastery. A couple of friendly jeers as I skipped gaily by highlighting my Irish Seagulls top and scarf. A few got off at Gatwick themselves so I swiftly headed for all the other Albion fans(well the other 1 anyway).

What a night! What a goal it was too …. and the celebrations! Fantastic!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I can't stop welling up. The best moment last season was Macallister's penalty against United - I went absolutely potty as I was sure we'd make Europe in that moment. But to see us there, at the top of the table...!
I know, it’s absolutely incredible. For those of us who’ve been lucky enough to ride out the whole journey… I can’t believe how far we’ve come :)

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I wonder how many teams have had TWO players subbed off for their dads in the same game?
That must be the biggest increase in an average age of a team on a pitch ever. Usually the teenagers come on for the old guard, not the other way round.
Mind you, we did sneak another teenager on the pitch a few minutes before.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can’t believe this!!!

It turns out we were playing at home - at the Amex!!! Why didn’t anyone tell me? NSC can **** off.

Quite a few of us replied to you, but every time we did, Bozza deleted our posts. I don't know if you've upset him or if he was just feeling mischievous.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
****If anyone hasn’t make sure you watch the TNT sports full match programme from the goal onwards (rather than just the highlights), if you have it recorded or if they replay it, because rather than go straight to punditry & analysis there is basically just 10 minutes of final whistle crowd celebrations, singing, dancing, & watching the players walk round the pitch. It is epic to watch! So many happy faces!****

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
****If anyone hasn’t make sure you watch the TNT sports full match programme from the goal onwards (rather than just the highlights), if you have it recorded or if they replay it, because rather than go straight to punditry & analysis there is basically just 10 minutes of final whistle crowd celebrations, singing, dancing, & watching the players walk round the pitch. It is epic to watch! So many happy faces!****
Just what I said to Mrs Bodian this morning - made me feel a little more part of it all.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed. I watched it when I got home last night. Absolutely immense!

Can't stop watching this either:

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Sorry if already mentioned but yet again carriages leaving Falmer post match towards Lewes empty (or virtually) and rail employee refusing to let people on board screaming at people stand back as train pulls away saying ir was the drivers decision. Didnt post last night as didnt want anything taking gloss off great night but come on that was just crazy. Why? If ppl werent in such a good mood couldve got nasty I can see a rail employee/steward being assaulted before long. Can the club ask why this is happening. People wait are blocked from getting onto the platdorm can see its not obviously overcrowded then a few enter and emply carriages atent populated with said ppl. Madness.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pedro's celebration :love:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ronald has delivered again

Thanks for posting - he always captures the atmosphere which was amazing last night

And at the South end - OM fans making a spectacular contribution to the feel of European football

Back to ’normal‘ on Sunday …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here