Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Olympique de Marseille *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wrong Dear Friend, were won
i new weird win

slid.gif

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought that Champions League winners may come here and teach us a lesson.

Instead, they learned their own pathetic lessons very quickly, but perhaps not the right lesson:

1. Go down on any sort of challenge and the whistle blows.

Perhaps they didn’t bank on us learning our lessons too.

I hope they get Galatasaray and that they lose in a complete blood bath.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I mean it was good to win the game and all, but we were going through to the next round regardless. I’d rather get three points on Saturday.
Because this said Saturday when we play on Sunday, I was starting to think this was a joke at the expense of Palace and their lack of European football, but your later posts suggests, no, you are being serious.

You realise we're still allowed to go for three points on Sunday, too, right? It's not an either/or. We could do both.

(Don't expect me to be this positive on Sunday. By then, either all signs will point to a trouncing; or they'll be pointing to a win, which would be too suspicious and mean we're going to lose)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought it was hilarious that the amount of time wasting without any cards was balanced by them complaining every time we took a bit of the same for the last 5.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Just got in and wow what a night. What a team and manager we have. Were lucky a couple of times but we stuck at it and got the win we deserved. Fans also played their part

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I hope who ever came off their bike on the A27 is ok . . . Took a while to get home, traffic was dire, but comfortable/ safe, not in an ambulance.

In other news, that ended well didn't it. 💥✊🏽🙌🏼

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
olds off the bench. It’s an incredible achievement to win the
And then this happens. How many other clubs could/would do this in the 74th minute at 0-0 with a game you have to win? What a great manager we have

Off
Jack Hinshelwood 11/04/2005
18 years 8 months 4 days
Facundo Buonanotte 23/122004
18 years 11 months 23 days

On
James Milner 04/01/1986
37 years 11 months 11 days
Adam Lallana 10/05/1988
35 years 7 months 5 days

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was just how I felt in the moment. Beating Man U 1-0 last season which went a long way to us finishing in the top 6 was more euphoric for me cos finishing as high up the league as possible over 38 games is more of an achievement than going through to an extra round in the Europa League.

Like I said, we were through regardless so there wasn’t that sense of jeopardy for me as I’d have been perfectly content with finishing second.
through to a playoff :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incredible game yes we couldve lost and still won i.e. won through and continued playing in Europe, but its the highest achievement in the clubs history what we achieved tonight. Remembered forever
Agree. A new pinnacle. Hopefully to be followed soon by better (a first trophy).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was just how I felt in the moment. Beating Man U 1-0 last season which went a long way to us finishing in the top 6 was more euphoric for me cos finishing as high up the league as possible over 38 games is more of an achievement than going through to an extra round in the Europa League.

Like I said, we were through regardless so there wasn’t that sense of jeopardy for me as I’d have been perfectly content with finishing second.
Mmmmmmmmmmm.....YYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here