Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do we always have to do this with players who leave us after we play well and win? MacAllister was amazing for us, anyone saying he wasn’t is either bitter or lying.
I didn't see yesterday, but Mac Allister was certainly amazing for us. He'd receive the ball surrounded by opponents and always manage to come out with it (except for the times they'd hack him down). He had a good through ball on him too, although Billy might have more of those.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Four up front.
Were we 0:1 down with minutes to spare, no we were 3:0 up.
Were we attacking at the time, no defending.
And yet we still had 4 players keeping their defence busy even though Newcastle had the ball in our half.
Brighton, you just have to love our tactics.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I didn't see yesterday, but Mac Allister was certainly amazing for us. He'd receive the ball surrounded by opponents and always manage to come out with it (except for the times they'd hack him down). He had a good through ball on him too, although Billy might have more of those.
Both great footballers just slightly different

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dunk - 7 some good passing but annoyed with his role in their goal. Out of position closing no-one down and he should be focused on being goal aside.
JPVH - 9 - would have been 10 if he had not committed himself V flukey Wilson. Should have stood his ground. Apart from that I thought he was imperious.
One of JP’s best games that, even if he much culpable for their goal..

But I’m absolutely astonished that anyone could watch that match and score him 2 points HIGHER than Dunk 🤷‍♂️

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Well deserved win. But credit to Newcastle at least they tried to go forward. Still sick that WH beat us with no intention of attacking

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I mostly agree with all the Freed From Desire comments - especially because it drowned out Evan's chant in full flow - but the stands were rocking when it kicked in.

I'd still prefer Fatboy, if anything, though...

Freed from desire must be being played by a non fan as no way is it appropriate every single win . Let us sing and celebrate properly

Problem is every one so happy they will literally sing to anything so then the club assume we want this song constantly

Loved it at first but it has lost its originality now

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hypothetically, we could play a different attacking 4 (excluding subs from yesterday including Lallana, Adingra and Lamptey) when we next play them AND STILL BEAT THEM. I think this quartet would still absolutely smash them next time:

————————Welbeck————————-
Fati——————-Enciso————Buonanotte

Amazing times.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It’s hard to understand why people moan……my reasoning being it’s inclusive to virtually everyone

Over 50% of the fans have left by then, those remaining mostly go mental at the chorus, what's not to like?

Didn't see anyone around me not joining in clapping or bouncing around and a lot of us are old farts too.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Don’t understand why people leave early. Never have never will. Never left a game early in all my life. Especially nowadays when you can get 10 minutes added time. You can miss 2 goals, a red card and a VAR penalty in that time. Would rather watch the full game then get home 20-30 minutes earlier. Surely no one is that busy every single week after every single game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here