[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Veltman was outstanding today, absolutely solid.

Van Hecke was excellent as well, shame about the goal but up to that point he was flawless

Billy Gilmour take a bow. A magnificent midfield master class.

Weirdly, Dunk, Mitoma and Estupinan were a bit wobbly and we still performed like that. Wonderful!

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I would like to see Van Hecke and Veltman feature against Manchester United next.

They were brilliant today, and don't deserve to lose their places, unlike Webster and Milner.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Brighton crowd singing to Eddie Howe; “you’re getting beheaded in the morning. “
That’s appalling

(but hilarious 😂 )

Brighton now scored more goals than any other team in the PL after the first 4 PL matches.

Caicedo who? Mackie who?

Toon MF awful largely down to our Flying Scotsman ❤️

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Veltman was outstanding today, absolutely solid.

Van Hecke was excellent as well, shame about the goal but up to that point he was flawless

Billy Gilmour take a bow. A magnificent midfield master class.

Weirdly, Dunk, Mitoma and Estupinan were a bit wobbly and we still performed like that. Wonderful!
We seemed to have changed tactics today and attacked them through the middle instead of relying on Mitoma and March from the wings - it worked a treat

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
From the BBC: Both sides discovered their European groups this week after overachieving last term - and Albion look far better placed than the Magpies to challenge near the top this time round

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Screenshot_20230902_144759_Chrome.jpg

The Guardian MBM thread is one long love letter to BHAFC.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Goal machine​

Brighton have now scored in each of their last 20 Premier League games (45 goals); it’s the longest ongoing run in the competition, with the last side going on a longer run in the competition being Liverpool between January and August 2022 (24 games).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/65928393

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Outstanding and solid performance! Did us all very proud! Newcastle were so subdued and outclassed they didn't even know what plan b was.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"When you score a hat-trick it is a good day"

Brighton forward Evan Ferguson speaking to Sky Sports after the game:

"It is good [result], bad result last week [loss against West ham] and we needed to bounce back we came out flying this week and we got that good luck in the end."

On his opening goal:

"I didn't know if I was going to be offside or not, you have just got to try finish it."

"I think it is hard when you're in training to position yourself sometimes you have got to try sniff it out."

"It is one of them you have got to ready for it at all times, first-half I could have turned and drove a bit more so first one I got I tried to run at them and take a shot."

On playing and scoring in the Premier League at 18 years old:

"It is fresh so it is hard to take in as a kid you want to score as many goals in the Premier League, so when you score a hat-trick it is a good day."

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Ferguson prob had to be MOM with three goals but could easily have been Billy Gilmour what an outstanding game. Lamptey looked sharp for the few minutes he was on. After the West Ham wobble we`re back scoring freely. 12 goals in four games....unheard of a few seasons back.
Brilliant performance !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports