Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You know what, now that we're a bit good I don't think I'm enjoying it so much. It's that half expecting to win, thinking we should win, that makes it so nervy when we're not winning, or when we're only one goal ahead knowing our opponents could get a freak and undeserved goal and spoil it all. Relief rather than joy at the final whistle!
Like today, after playing well - but coming up against the MOTM in goal (seems to be a bit of a trend with us!) - to find that we're still trailing behind Leeds Unted and the Saudis!

I'm almost the opposite – especially yesterday. For some reason I thought we were in for a repeat of the Burnley 0-3 reverse earlier this year.

Not quite sure why, but I tend to go into games thinking the worst and then anything else is a bonus!*

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not that many from where I was - just the east lower towards the north... as per :shrug: seemingly a load of ST holders in that section who don't bother turning up

Family stand + school holidays = more people (kids and adults) away on holiday :shrug:

Admittedly there was a higher than normal number of absentees, but the rest of the season it's pretty much full.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Bloke in front of me in the East Lower, brings his five kids. They were on holiday in Portugal. I’m sure at the next match he’ll apologise for not bothering to turn up

Well there’s complaints about the match day program lacking content, could you ask him for a full page spread when he’s back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see on Newcastle forums they are wondering about the number of empty seats in the home stands today. I presume that they don't know about our f*cking stupid policy and clunky procedure for sharing season tickets which is always particularly evident during school holidays. I was really hoping the club would see sense this season and allow us to transfer tickets to anyone who is a registered fan and without this rip-off £20 for the season ticket holder (we've already paid for the seat) and the person you want to share it with. Well if Barber is happy with 10% of seats permanently empty of people who would otherwise spend money at the Amex and support the team then so be it....

Agree Whole system is a farce. Person near me for first time I can remember missed the game. Offered to me but not willing to join sharing scheme as just adds to cost of his ST. He put on exchange and I think gets back £40 which he will give to me. I purchased the seat for £42 and treated somebody that can never justify the expense and was very appreciative.. End result 3 bank transfers and club make a profit of about £2. The whole system is wrong . I wont join sharing scheme because I think it is a way of extracting another £20 but worse still if I did I know of no one who is an Albion member. Therefore each time I asked someone who cant afford to go as a treat I have to tell them they have to become an Albion member
I know many on here think nothing wrong with the scheme and good luck to you. There was a another person who sits in front of us who didnt attend but rang me for a report of game today. He comes from London and said didnt did not go because concerned about train issues. He said not agreed to sharing scheme but in any case does not know any Albion members.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I know this thread is about season ticket holders not agreeing with the exchange/transfer policy but if people started putting people in the seats that had never...............never mind.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
For what it's worth I'm very pleased with a point. We weren't at the races at all, the midfield which has become quite reliable seemed way off the standard and Wilson barely had a sniff. I get what Shearer was saying about the Wilson chance and I don't think it was particularly dangerous given the distance between the players, but I don't think we'd have deserved the rub of the green there. Bruno got caught in possession a lot and has since come out to say he felt he had a bad game. Pope was massive and kept us in it. Burn was all right at LB, but it's clearly not his position.

On the bright side we came away from the Amex with a point and I don't think loads of teams will say the same come the end of the season. Hopefully we'll get another couple of players in before the return leg to add some quality in our attack.

Way I see it, a few of the teams I expected Newcastle to be competing for position with are dropping winnable points; Leicester, Everton, Wolves, West Ham, Man Utd. And it's not just that they've started poorly, it's their opposition that matters. Usually, you'd expect Wolves to beat Fulham, the Hammers to beat Forest and (with all due respect) Man Utd to beat Brighton at Old Trafford.

This means for those teams to get back to where they want to be, they're going to have to pick up points in games they wouldn't expect to; wins away to top half teams, points from the elite clubs. I just can't see this Everton team going to the Amex or St James' and getting all 3 points, same for Villa.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I had a great day and evening out, shame the ball didn't go fully over the line.
The Amex looks even better from the inside.
Beer and pie was good too.
Good experience all up.

Will you insist on 1901 for next visit or will you slum it on the concourse

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Will you insist on 1901 for next visit or will you slum it on the concourse

I wouldn't mind either, I like being in the stands, as the atmosphere is more intense, but for a first visit this was too good to pass up.
Will probably be back in 5 years or so.
Everything might have changed by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here