Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm not so sure, we had at least a couple of goal line clearances, their GK made some excellent saves, sometimes it doesn't go your way. I would say though that if Lallana can shoot towards the goal, but away from the GK, that would be helpful.
Pope did well granted but there didn’t seem any real conviction in the attempts.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I'm not so sure, we had at least a couple of goal line clearances, their GK made some excellent saves, sometimes it doesn't go your way. I would say though that if Lallana can shoot towards the goal, but away from the GK, that would be helpful.
I agree. I thought this game was different to the high xg, no goal, games of the past. The lack of goals was due to the goal keeper and small margins rather than disappointing misses.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Get him a prepaid visa card you can load up. If you know anyone who works in Fintech they can probably point you in the right direction :lolol:

Stupidly expensive. £2.99 a month for basically the card existing and they charge per transfer.

Plus there is a lot of evidence out there now regarding people moving back to cash so they can budget properly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stupidly expensive. £2.99 a month for basically the card existing and they charger per transfer.

Plus there is a lot of evidence out there now regarding people moving back to cash so they can budget properly.

HyperJar is free. Really ? Vast majority of outlets seem to be ‘no cash’ these days.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Stupidly expensive. £2.99 a month for basically the card existing and they charge per transfer.

First transfer per month to the parent account is free of charge - I credit monthly then allocate weekly.

If my son has the card for 10 years it’s cost me £360. A small price to pay rather than not educate him and I have to clear his first £1k credit card he’s maxed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First transfer per month to the parent account is free of charge - I credit monthly then allocate weekly.

If my son has the card for 10 years it’s cost me £360. A small price to pay rather than not educate him and I have to clear his first £1k credit card he’s maxed

Or you could take the view that I'm paying extra money on top of the season ticket I already pay for so he can pay for the things I was previously paying for in cash. £2.99 plus a 50p transfer for a programme, hot dog and water every two weeks or so. And then if I want his sister to come I have to join her up to My Albion + and go through the same thing. All this when energy bills are predicted to hit £5000 pa.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was looking from north middle - I'm telling you now the west lower, west upper and east upper were mostly full, as was east lower towards away fans. East lower towards North loads of empty seats

1901 …loads of empty seats….all on the beach……in Barbados

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or you could take the view that I'm paying extra money on top of the season ticket I already pay for so he can pay for the things I was previously paying for in cash. £2.99 plus a 50p transfer for a programme, hot dog and water every two weeks or so. And then if I want his sister to come I have to join her up to My Albion + and go through the same thing. All this when energy bills are predicted to hit £5000 pa.

One less pint in the Swan will cover it :cheers:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Missed Maupay today, but plenty to be happy about. Hopefully PB has got a gift for us next week with a new striker.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
These two had a good battle today…LD came out on top imo

C5FDFA57-A1BA-4373-8F94-BB2C0C0141EA.jpeg

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
As my mate said to some Geordies after the match... "I bet you lot will be kissing the Pope's ring tonight". My laughter all round...

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Pope saved them not just from losing but from losing big . Very lucky magpies ....very and they know it .

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Superb display from Pope and some very fortunate goal line clearances... we were unlucky today and it’s a measure of how far we’ve come that we’re (if you’re like me anyway) slightly frustrated that we blew it as it’s tough in the top 8 or so ... yep, that’s the reality.

We’re a superb side, even without whocurella? Bisswhoma? And Whopay?

Onward.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We lack a finisher, a good point all things considered but despite last weeks pleasant surprise we're in the same position we've been in the last 4 years.

Last weekends historic result was fun, but to put it in perspective look at Todays match with Brentford.

Brentford beat them 4-0 at home. Fair enough.

We beat them 1-2 away, and with some different but perfectly sensible refereeing it could have been 0-5 quite easily.

And maybe the fact that we took them to the cleaners last week softened them up for Brentford today.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I see on Newcastle forums they are wondering about the number of empty seats in the home stands today. I presume that they don't know about our f*cking stupid policy and clunky procedure for sharing season tickets which is always particularly evident during school holidays. I was really hoping the club would see sense this season and allow us to transfer tickets to anyone who is a registered fan and without this rip-off £20 for the season ticket holder (we've already paid for the seat) and the person you want to share it with. Well if Barber is happy with 10% of seats permanently empty of people who would otherwise spend money at the Amex and support the team then so be it....

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Using it isn’t just exclusive to the Amex on match day.

I’ll put you down as a maybe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here