Brighton & Hove Albion vs Millwall *** Official Match Day thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Need to change formation and tactics to move forward in this league and more importantly, entertain the fans.
I can't stand for this boring, 90 minute 'training exercise' that we watch/listen to most weeks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
PLEASE go attacking GUS. TWO UP FRONT, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSEEEE. I cannot handle another Amex game of frustration and missed chances.

as much chance as TLO drinking lager I am afraid

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Need to change formation and tactics to move forward in this league and more importantly, entertain the fans.
I can't stand for this boring, 90 minute 'training exercise' that we watch/listen to most weeks.

I can't tell whether that's sarcasm or not

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm afraid Millwall are not crap so there is no chance whatsoever of us scoring more than TWO. And if we do score two goals, so will they.

Personally, I am going for 1-1. Albion absolutely bossing the game for 85 minutes and missing a string of chances, only for Wayne Bridge to score a 30 yarder in the 48th minute.

Millwall will equalise on 87 mins with their only shot of the game. Attendance: 23,917

Summed up my thoughts entirley. Apart from I reckon Smallwall will take the lead and we will level in the 87th Minute. HTFT bet will be Millwall / draw

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hardly Gus's fault if a his strikers can't even get a shot on target is it?

If it was only one or two games in which our shooting has been woeful then I would agree with you - Gus can't be on the pitch to score for them but the reality is we are now on the back of a whole a series of games where we missed umpteen barn doors and threw away precious points. So I can't agree chum. It doesn't cut it for me. At some point the Manager has to take responsibility for putting things right. Ok Gus should trust them to do the business on the pitch but when they repeatedly fail Gus has no excuse for not making them do extra shooting practice or rotating the squad etc. The Manager has to be decisive. At least Gus has made it quite plain that he is in the market for a goalscorer so the players should be motivated more than ever if they want to keep their place or get shipped out.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I can't tell whether that's sarcasm or not

No sarcasm, just astounded by how boring Saturday was. I'd like Gus to have a re-think of his 'possession wins games' tactics. Possession is fundamental, however by itself, it is a lost cause.
Anyway, enough negativity! Gus will play 4-4-2 with wingers and smash it 3-0 whilst I enjoy a slice of humble pie.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If it was only one or two games in which our shooting has been woeful then I would agree with you - Gus can't be on the pitch to score for them but the reality is we are now on the back of a whole a series of games where we missed umpteen barn doors and threw away precious points. So I can't agree chum. It doesn't cut it for me. At some point the Manager has to take responsibility for putting things right. Ok Gus should trust them to do the business on the pitch but when they repeatedly fail Gus has no excuse for not making them do extra shooting practice or rotating the squad etc. The Manager has to be decisive. At least Gus has made it quite plain that he is in the market for a goalscorer so the players should be motivated more than ever if they want to keep their place or get shipped out.

An 11-11 draw would put us ahead of Watford. 10-10 would do it alphabetically.

PS: we can only play on one wing at a time. If we play both Lualua and Buckley, one will have to play as a striker. Much as I would like that, I think I would save that for the Watford game. 4-4-2 does not make for two wingers. It is more likely to make for no wingers at all, although it can do for one winger Capello-style. Then there is f*** all difference between the two systems anyway.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
That's the spirit. And its we'll.

Couldn't resist...

If you're going to be pedantic, at least do it well!

You also missed that fact that it's lose, not loose!

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

:wink:

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Hearing Solly March is in line for a place on the bench tonight ,fair play to him the kid has talent and has a big future ahead of him

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my last £105 virtual has gone on tonight's win
bloody good thing its not real money

2-0 to the good guys and I think its time that the forwards stepped up to the plate and done what they are paid for

PLAYER ON VERY EARLY AGAIN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports