Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The double over that loathsome club.

Drink this in, what a time to be alive.

Mac Allister was MOTM both halves, he’s the greatest Albion player I’ve seen. A combination of warrior and brilliant technician.
And I made Falmer station for the 2208 to Eastbourne having left/legged it at the final whistle too. What a time to be alive indeed.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton goalscorer Alexis Mac Allister speaking to Sky Sports:

"It was similar to Wembley, to be honest. We did everything to win the game but we couldn't score our chances.

On taking the penalty: "They know I like to have that opportunity to score. Of course I was a little bit nervous. I'm very happy every time I have an opportunity to score a goal, so I'm very happy for the team.

"It's easy to play in this team. The way we play is very nice, my team-mates are fantastic. It's down to them as well. I'm really pleased to play with them and they help me to be a better player every day.

"To be honest, after the World Cup it was a little bit difficult to play straight away. We didn't have the time to celebrate properly. But it is what it is."

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Was interested to find United takes, so checked on Utd Cafe and this is the first comment on the post match thread:

1683235905407.png

What the f*** is he smoking?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brighton goalkeeper Jason Steele, speaking to Sky Sports: "That was special. It was a big night for us. We played really well. It was two good teams going toe to toe, really enjoyable to play in.

"It wasn't about revenge or anything like that. Did we have a little bit extra motivation? Yes probably but I don't think it spilled over into anymore than that and I think we deserved to win.

"Massive. It is a big three points for us."
What a pro and what a keeper!

His distribution was unreal tonight but his shot stopping was also immense. He’s been a huge bonus recently, massive kudos to RDZ.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Well, ultimately, that was, in its own way, peculiarly delicious!

I'm really too old to be going mental at the end of a football match, however, Yyaaaaasssss! Ya dancer. Get that right f**cking up ye! And stick your 'you've seen United' chat right up your vertical smile.

Ratuonally, I thought Gilmour was, again, very good. The lad has well and truly grabbed his opportunity!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Actually thought Shaw was excellent. Probably have him on the left of England's central defence..
Yes I completely agree. He’s far stronger than anyone else at LCB and actually is left footed. It just leaves a hole at LB. If Chilwell could stay fit it actually starts to look quite promising.

What VAR taketh away, it also giveth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here