[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
May end up 0-0, but feel like if Brighton can somehow get a goal, then it should get our players up the gears, and Manchester United could open up more.

Edit: I'm betting there will be a Solly winner :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember in the 80’s, Alfa and Nissan teamed up on a car. Everyone was so excited. Italian flair and styling, Japanese engineering nous.

Inexplicably, Nissan did the styling and Alfa did the mechanics and electrics.

Of course it was a total disaster
Ah the Alfa Arna

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I like Enciso having those wild shots, want Ali Mac to do that too but he's playing deep again.

Easy to get annoyed we aren't looking as good as we did against Wolves but we are playing a well drilled, inform Man United team in 4th position with a team worth, probably billions? Not the same team we got used to battering previously :lolol:
Not sure where he left his shooting boots. Qatar?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As at Wembley we’re so vulnerable at the back, Rashford pulling the strings, Albion players over committing and not making challenges earlier in the moves.

Need to use our heads more to just shepherd their first receivers and at least one CM’er should be shielding Dunk/Webster imho.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Okay half against good opposition. Very similar to the cup semi final. Rashford looking very dangerous on the break over the top. Gilmour started strong but faded a little. Mitoma looks dangerous… but why didn’t he pass?!

Not a bad half at all, but we look very exposed on the break because of how we play.

Caicedo doing okay at right back, but he is wasted out there and got mullered by Rashford for a clear cut chance (good save Steele!) when stood up one on one.

It's similar to the final in that the passes seem a bit short too.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I like Enciso having those wild shots, want Ali Mac to do that too but he's playing deep again.

Easy to get annoyed we aren't looking as good as we did against Wolves but we are playing a well drilled, inform Man United team in 4th position with a team worth, probably billions? Not the same team we got used to battering previously :lolol:
Wolves were shocking, this is an organised and pragmatic Manchester United side with some real game changers. Unfortunately Dunk and Webster can’t face a lone, 80 year old Diego Costa every week…

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Wolves were shocking, this is an organised and pragmatic Manchester United side with some real game changers. Unfortunately Dunk and Webster can’t face a lone, 80 year old Diego Costa every week…

Indeed although we play good against anyone these days. Man United are good are not falling for our press, that's when we struggle against teams who don't chase us down.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I’d give the ref a 6 out of 10 for the first half

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Steele great, Enciso and Billy also looking good. Welbeck not quite on it. Mitoma having another battle against Wan Bassaka.
I think we can still do this, but need first goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports