Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Hello. City fan in peace. Just joined to say what a brilliant game last night. It was refreshing to see a team really having a go. Wish you well for next season and your European adventure. Brilliant team and manager.
Alright City! Just a shame we couldn’t do it all again in the cup final.

City Eddy

May 24, 2023
Alright City! Just a shame we couldn’t do it all again in the cup final.
I’m a bit conflicted on this :) On the one hand sorry you didn’t paste our illustrious* red rivals in the semi final. On the other hand think the Seagulls would have been tougher opponents in the final. Maybe next season if City haven’t been relegated to the national league for ruining football
*sarcastic just to be clear

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’m a bit conflicted on this :) On the one hand sorry you didn’t paste our illustrious* red rivals in the semi final. On the other hand think the Seagulls would have been tougher opponents in the final. Maybe next season if City haven’t been relegated to the national league for ruining football
Look on the bright side, even if you are dropped to the National League, you'll still be in the FA Cup.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Not keen on City due to Abu Dhabi’s methods. But a lifelong loathing of Manure.

Put 5 past them at Wembley and make the goofy cheat Fernandes boo.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So are we.

Still some unfinished business from 40 years ago.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
My love has got no money, he's got his strong beliefs
My love has got no power, he's got his strong beliefs
My love has got no fame, he's got his strong beliefs
Want more and more, people just want more and more
Freedom and love, what he's looking for
Freed from desire, mind and senses purified
Freed from desire
Na-na-na-na-na, na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na
My love has got no power, he's got his strong beliefs
My love has got no fame, he's got his strong beliefs
Freed from desire

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I thought last night was the french kiss of football tactics, great for naturals and I imagine tactic connoisseurs will be salivating over it for a while.

With that in mind I think its fitting to signal out Jason Steele, so many players had a great game so I think his performance has faded to the background. Others have pointed out before (particularly after the Arsenal game) but he really is central to De Zerbi ball and the conductor of the orchestra. Just as Pep highlighted before the game, he was pretty much playing as a defensive midfielder at times, on those occasions he was surrounded by City players all eager but resisting to press him, the build up to the Encisio goal is a prime example. Not only is he so calm in those situations and has the ability to execute the decisive pass out, but for the first time I really saw him signalling and shouting to players while he had the ball in those situation's - conducting the orchestra or playing like a quaterback in American Football. So interesting to witness

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Talking of tactics, there seemed to be a lot more longer balls out from Steele last night and less of the butt-clenching short ones pining around our own box.

And you know what? I kinda liked it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This just popped on my youtube page. Nice little post match interview on the pitch with Steele and Welbeck. You get to feel cultured too with the Japanese subtitles.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Talking of tactics, there seemed to be a lot more longer balls out from Steele last night and less of the butt-clenching short ones pining around our own box.

And you know what? I kinda liked it.
City were noticeably trying to press one on one with our defenders to close off the short passing.

So instead Steele pings it straight upfield to Mitoma and Buonanotte in the space they left behind.

NUFC1

May 16, 2023
Congratulations to you all. It would have been a travesty had you finished below 6th, given how consistently good you've been. I still think it's a travesty bloody Liverpool and especially Klopp are getting 5th, but never mind.

Wish nothing but the best to Brighton (save for the 2 games a season!) and hope you have a genuine go in Europe, which I'm sure you will.

Nice to see us both finishing in the Top 6 - which will definitely be annoying the mainstream media, let's be honest - after coming into the league at the same time.

Good times ahead for both I think. I'll be down the Amex next season again, hoping to see my first win there! Hopefully we can catch you after you've been on a long away trip on the Thursday...

Enjoy your summer everyone, I'll be back next season (If welcome of course...)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I’m enjoying all this post match stuff

Yeah but ... but ...playing this music stuff stops us from creating our own atmosphere which would be tons better ... innit !!

I was heading down the stairs to catch my ST bus when Sweet Caroline was being played. Everyone heading down the stairs was singing and dancing to it (probably a H&S issue) ... unbelievably loud ... just superb!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah but ... but ...playing this music stuff stops us from creating our own atmosphere which would be tons better ... innit !!

I was heading down the stairs to catch my ST bus when Sweet Caroline was being played. Everyone heading down the stairs was singing and dancing to it (probably a H&S issue) ... unbelievably loud ... just superb!
Nailed…it was magical

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here