Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Hilarious comment on the sport section on the mail online. “Chelsea havd really done Brighton so many favours this season. Giving them 70m for sideshow Marc cucumber, and actually paying them to replace potter with de zarbi.”

SIDESHOW MARC CUCUMBER! 🤣🤣🤣

and Estupinian is a better player as well!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hear me out, lets bottle it against Villa to keep Spurs out of Europe.....

A better result would be a win or draw against Villa, Leeds beat Spuds and Brentford beat Citeh then Brentford get into the Europa Conference and Villa/Spuds miss out.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep - everything about the evening was just brilliant. And so nice to just enjoy a game without the stress of needing a win, too. What a night. What an atmosphere. What a goal! Just a joy to be there.
agree, cracking atmosphere, I felt privileged just to be there with my daughter, we both loved.
As for city fans, yep absolute shit considering they were away fans and the situation they're in. Atmosphere always dire at the Etihad too. Have they always been so shit!?
They didn’t even sell out, swathes of spaces and quite a few left before the final whistle.
No they have not always been like that to be fair.

one grumble about tonight, we’re some of the Japanese tourists fans just there to see one player.
grown men screaming his name every five minutes and constantly holding a phone towards the pitch.
he actually had an off game tonight, his first touch let him down a couple of times, so much to my daughters amusement.
At half time, I leaned in to talk to my daughter knowing some of them behind me listened and said “Mitomas rubbish tonight, we should take him off, I’ve heard were selling him to Manchester Rovers in the summer”

There was lots chatter after that behind me, they left 15 minutes into the second half, which is understandable considering their journey home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pep Guardiola:

"Exceptional game. Congratulations to Brighton for their deserved qualification to the Europa League."

[Was this game a good test?] "It was absolutely, this time Brighton, they destroy the other opponents they have been playing. They did it in certain moments, especially the last 10 or 15 minutes, we struggled but we did really well."
Yeah, he also said the reason they didn't win was because the men in yellow didn't want them to

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every one of those players were superb tonight. Gave it their all and the energy and press was brilliant. Against a near full strength City team (best in the world) with 4 key players rested and 7 or so injured. Brilliant. One of the performances of the season - atmosphere and our fans were brilliant again too!

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah, he also said the reason they didn't win was because the men in yellow didn't want them to
He is a prick simple as that.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Funny in the train queue after the match when a pair of gobby Citeh twats in their 20s started mouthing-off with homophobic abuse only to find out they were standing behind a hard-as-nails Albion geezer in his 40s who calmly told them: "Listen, I'm not asking you to shut-up, I'm TELLING you to shut-up". The two Citeh heroes nearly shat themselves...
What about the nobhead on the bridge? Giving it a load next to his kid. Absolute scruff. It's amazing how hard people are when they're 20 feet up and behind a fence.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He is a prick simple as that.
Constantly kept stepping into De Zerbis twchnical area as well the passive aggressive freak. Klopps the same. All smiles and openness until things don't go his way and then turns into a big baby.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
agree, cracking atmosphere, I felt privileged just to be there with my daughter, we both loved.

They didn’t even sell out, swathes of spaces and quite a few left before the final whistle.
No they have not always been like that to be fair.

one grumble about tonight, we’re some of the Japanese tourists fans just there to see one player.
grown men screaming his name every five minutes and constantly holding a phone towards the pitch.
he actually had an off game tonight, his first touch let him down a couple of times, so much to my daughters amusement.
At half time, I leaned in to talk to my daughter knowing some of them behind me listened and said “Mitomas rubbish tonight, we should take him off, I’ve heard were selling him to Manchester Rovers in the summer”

There was lots chatter after that behind me, they left 15 minutes into the second half, which is understandable considering their journey home.
I'm sorry PBFO, but that is a very petty grumble. Personally, I find it astonishing that we are now attracting South American and Japanese fans and I'm very happy to see them at The Amex. Contrast our 31.5K attendances with watching an Albion game at Gillingham with only 3,000 of us there! Any Albion fan who makes them feel uncomfortable needs to take a very long hard look at themselves...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I thought this game was on tonight, oh well.
Sounds like we played better than expected.
Will watch the replay after work.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Screenshot_20230525_000644_Chrome.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hilarious comment on the sport section on the mail online. “Chelsea havd really done Brighton so many favours this season. Giving them 70m for sideshow Marc cucumber, and actually paying them to replace potter with de zarbi.”

SIDESHOW MARC CUCUMBER! 🤣🤣🤣

and Estupinian is a better player as well!
Firstly, stay off Mail online. It’ll give you cancer, or at the very least a charisma bypass that’ll mean you never get laid again.

Secondly, though, while I’ve had auto correct change Hair Bear’s surname to cucumber a couple of times it’s never given me the full Sideshow prefix and Cucumber suffix combo. Got to admit that’s superb :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here