Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's gross punditry. Where is the balance- where is celebrating the underdog etc?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good point.

We played pretty well considering our injuries and suspensions, I thought March, Bissouma and Veltman were our stand out performers today. Hopefully Groß will take all the penalties from now on.

Liverpool will gripe at VAR, I’d have been unhappy had the penalty been given against Brighton in the same circumstance...but I don’t think we deserved to lose that game on the balance of good chances created so a draw was probably about right.

The lads should gain a lot of confidence from this result.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
What I liked was after the equaliser we kept going at them. I fully expected us to go backwards and concede.

Then I remembered, CH is no longer the manager.

We look a lot more resilient and proactive. You genuinely feel we'll find a goal. It's great, but still a bloomin roller coaster.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Fully deserved point in a game with a bit of luck in the first half, we could have won. Looked a good shout for the late penalty. Robertson (as I saw it) didn't get any foot on ball and definitely clipped Welbecks heel. LFC fans, Klopp and the usual media Liverpool love in suspects will be in meltdown. Meh. They would be no matter what. MOTM for me today was Welbeck. His workrate and intelligent play were outstanding. I had my doubts when we signed him but I'm delighted to have been proven wrong. His contributions so far have been impressive. Well done to Pascal Gross for keeping his cool in a high pressure situation for the penalty too.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
On the basis that Welbeck got a touch before having his foot booted I think it was well deserved. I’d rather have a penalty like that than one of our players taking a dive.

A well deserved draw that could have been a win. We look a decent side with decent tactics and some of the bad breaks we have had to date seem to be going our way a bit more now. Bring it on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This time last week, how many of us thought that we would get 4 points against Villa and Liverpool?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I hate var and want rid but you can’t full on boot someone’s foot. Then they start going on about clear and obvious - did they not see Pogba on Connolly at the Amex?! Only controversial wrong decision was free kick and card for white then luckily goal ruled out from free kick x

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Plastic scousers up and down the country up in arms.

Plenty of “Dan’s from London” crying and bleating about how unfair it is their beloved Reds have been swindled by VAR.

And I love it.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
We did miss Tariq today, not sure Liverpool would of been able to deal with his runs

To be fair Veltman has that seasoned physical Championship defender touch about him coupled with good timing and reads the game well.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Deserved point. Good performance. Not a penalty at all imo. Ruining the game and would hate that against us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Great result off the back of a very good performance.

Not sure it was a penalty and if it was it was as soft as can be but I think we deserved a draw based on our overall performance. No one played badly but I thought March was outstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here