[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I’m not trying to suggest he’s the best shot stopper, but to say he should be saving that shot today is an absolutely ridiculous comment to make. I believe he’s the best we’ve got and not many goalkeepers could play the role he has to play in our team.
Agree. Just having seen it once live, it didn't look like one which should have been saved

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Gross could use a week’s rest, very poor 2nd half by his standards.
And it's odd. With the very high levels of rotation there's been, gross plays every minute for us and now Germany.

We have decent centre mids on the bench

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Decent first half.
Game changed when Lallana went off.
Referee was shambolic (for both teams)
Dahoud best performance since he joined us.
Ferguson and Gross under par.

RDZ in a Brighton cap 👏🏼

Not sure about the 'fair' bit. Their goal was scored by a player who should not have been on the pitch!
You know how this works, sometimes these challenges get seen but often they don’t. I don’t think a point is terrible, maybe we should have been playing against 10 but playing against 11 we could have easily lost as won. Ragged performance in the second half that didn’t deserve 3 points

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
2 points dropped to more anti football, embarrassing stuff from Fulham
Agreed, their goal came from a break in play when one of their players pretended to be injured, they came with a game plan that ultimately worked, but it’s just so lame and unnecessary. The referee was weak and should have put a stop to it from the get go. Shame about the result, we seemed comfortable in the first half, they then ”broke” play up in the second half and did a number on us, it happens, just hard to take.
oh well, I’ve got a Melton Mowbray pork pie with my name on it in the fridge, maybe that will cheer me up….

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Enough! E-effin’-nough!

This play acting has GOT to stop. It’s all well and good being more generous with injury time but it still breaks the flow of the match and prevents teams pressing home an advantage when they have the momentum.

I’m pretty sure their goal came straight after yet another incident when we’d gained possession only for play to be stopped when one of their players went down after developing acute fear of the sky or something. Then we immediately lose the ball et voila.

The 30 second thing is no disincentive at all. For that to have any teeth, it should be a case of any injury requiring a break in play means five minutes off the pitch. We’d see an end to that nonsense immediately.

I’m mightily peeved right now so I’m open to suggestions as to why that won’t work but right this second it feels like a pretty bloody good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports