Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Its so congested in the middle, but Mitoma and Buonanotte arent offering enough on the switch out wide. Then when they get it they keep crossing it onto Everton heads every time, need something more incisive.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No point in having a go at the usual scapegoats.
Listening at home, it sounds like the whole team have been afflicted with some mysterious debilitating disease today.
So weird, not long ago we beat Wolves 6-0., but that is Brighton and Hove Albion for you.
Anyway, I see us improving a lot in the next half and drawing 3 -3 😳😉😁

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Bye bye Europe.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Of course its easy to say it from here, but genuinely at 1-0 down and 20 mins in, I was saying we need to change something in midfield as its not working and we're being over run.

RDZ looked like Potter tonight, watched passively as madness unfolded, seemingly impotent to do anything
Big difference being ( I believe) RDZ will change things and radically if needed.

Colonel BEige had to take stock, then learn from it before moving on.

Dyche Has plenty of previous in how to deal with a fair few of our players, particularly Webster/Dunk

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Ok do one mate will you - tired of hearing it tbh Buonanotte had a great game against Man United - were you even there!? He started because March is ‘not at his best’ according to RDZ

Gilmour started on Thursday but clearly struggled to do 90 mins as did Facu.

Our lines are all over the place, we are struggling to make the transitional attack passing we need without leaving channels open on both sides of our defence - our central midfield is feeble with Mac Allister not offering much at all given the WC player he is. Mitoma is constantly giving the ball away. No one ( with maybe the exception of Webster) is shining out there Imo.

Everton are playing a very strong counter attacking game oozing with commitment and desire and we have been taken by surprise by their aggressive football basically.
We are allowed to criticise. You seem to be the RDZ Swansman! He is a great coach but has got this one totally wrong!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Oh do shut up. If it want for his shot stopping we would have been 2/3 down against Man United .
And if he was able to save average shots we have a lot more points than we currently do. If we took our chances against Utd we'd have won by a greater margin. Steele is very average at best as showstopper and there is a reason he made his PL debut at 32 years of age

Flex Your Head

Says it all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230508-183255.png
    Screenshot_20230508-183255.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 49

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Awful performance. We haven’t looked up for it at all. Everton have wanted it more and won virtually every 50/50. The formation hasn’t worked at all and we are constantly being outnumbered on the wings and we look very open to counter attacks.

Defeat by no means means our European hopes are over, we have a tough run in, but we still have a good chance of 7th place.

We can probably right this game off now.

Very disappointing as we haven’t done the basics at all and we should’ve expected an Everton managed by Dyche to be strong and well organised.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
RDZ really fu*ked up. 3 big games he's gambled on the team and got it wrong twice (Forrest, Wolves and Everton).

Not starting Enciso and Gilmour who have been our best players lately is criminal.

March had a rest last game so should had be starting. I like Buonanotte but he's still young and Everton are scrapping for their lives.

Undav in front of Ferguson IF Ferg is fit, criminal too.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Feel free to quote this if I’m proved wrong, but I’ve just backed you to either win or draw.

I struggle to see how both Brighton and Everton can maintain their first half performances, albeit for diametrically opposing reasons.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And if he was able to save average shots we have a lot more points than we currently do. If we took our chances against Utd we'd have won by a greater margin. Steele is very average at best as showstopper and there is a reason he made his PL debut at 32 years of age
I personally think his “New York, New York” is always a massive let down.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Mitoma keeps crossing to him!
He keeps crossing to Welbeck in the box too who impeded and diverted a cross heading to Buonanotte who was in a great position to tap it in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here