Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are they hoping that by bringing on AJ it may increase his transfer value with additional Premier League minutes in the transfer market

Even as an Ali J fan until a few months ago, I have to confess to being astounded that GP went with him for the last few minutes over Izquierdo

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I do like Potter, but i will never, ever understand the logic behind some of his substitutions. Ali J and Burn on when we need a goal? Baffling.

BDB was the most baffling. We'd been solid all night pretty much. I like the guy, and GP, but Burn is prone to mistakes. I'd love to know GPs reason for bringing him on last 5. He was clearly happy with a point. Really strange to make a change to the back 5 with 5 to go

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or for anyone else that was on the bench, Mac, Iz, Zequri.

Assuming we stay up, we really do need an upgrade on Maupay. Fine as a backup striker to come off the bench, cup game striker etc. but we need better if we want to look upwards,

Mmm...Maupay is fine. We need an upgrade on Welbs.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
What have you got against Moder? Is he keeping Tau out of the team or something? He's been our biggest goal threat tonight, and it's great to have a player who shoots on sight in the team - we haven't had one of those for too long.

Biggest goal threat tonight?? Think Maupay, Welbeck, Trossard and Lalanna were all more of a threat. Moder had 4 shots all off target. He needs to be better than that imo.

I do like Potter, but i will never, ever understand the logic behind some of his substitutions. Ali J and Burn on when we need a goal? Baffling.

He didn’t want a goal, he wanted a point. Kind of decision it’s easy to make in an empty stadium. 30,000 fans looking at you would have been interesting though

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Everton defended really well but Maupay should have settled the game,

Really enjoying the after match chat on Sky now. Who were Everton playing by the way?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I can sort of understand Burn more than AJ. DB is a complete wildcard, gangly, takes people on, forward runs, aerial presence.

I don’t get AJ though. Think there’s better attacking options than him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Even as an Ali J fan until a few months ago, I have to confess to being astounded that GP went with him for the last few minutes over Izquierdo

Izzy hasn’t played competitive football for 2 years...

Why he’s on the bench I don’t know. But I’d rather put Zequiri or Big Mac on over him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unbelievable that having seen so many fans bang on about game management all season that when Potter does decide to settle for a valuable point his critics get all arsey about it it. If CH was still manager they would have taken that as a well earned point :shrug:

Now that is a FACT!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, not really because of us, apart from not testing the keeper I guess. Everton came to sit deep and counter, but they didn't counter very well. they were solid enough to earn a point though

Yeah I’m not really blaming anyone, bar our wasteful shooting.

Ancelotti’s a good, experienced manager and knew he had to strangle the game.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Everton came for a point and got it.

When a team comes and sits everyone behind the ball you quite often need someone with genuine pace to break them down, with Lamptey out all season we've been lacking that aspect to our game. Play like that with Lamptey & March back next season and we'll pick up a lot more points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here