Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lucky? what was lucky about that??

That dreadful substitution very nearly lost us the game. We were lucky in those last couple of minutes, because of that substitution.

Wonder if a side has ever stayed up with just two home wins. That season ticket refund money looking a windfall now

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We got something out of a dire game, against a good team and very good manager without conceding a stupid late goal.
A point towards safety what’s not to like, even if we lacked an edge, we gained a point.

Goodnight everyone x

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Goodness me that was one of the dullest games I’ve ever watched.

I’ll have forgotten all about it within a week.

To be fair, not really because of us, apart from not testing the keeper I guess. Everton came to sit deep and counter, but they didn't counter very well. they were solid enough to earn a point though

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
If Izzy was ever going to make a comeback this season, he’d have been brought on when we were 3-0 against Newcastle. It doesn’t look like we’ll ever see him in the stripes again, which is a real shame as he was such an exciting player in 17/18.

Does he still have another year on contract? If so, I suspect it’s putting on shop window display.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
White has really progressed.
Dunk was outstanding.
Biss back to his best (not that he has been less than decent).

Veltman has been outstanding but we miss Webster bursting forward. He seems to push us 5 metres further up the pitch when he plays.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Maupay needs dropping for the next game. Either give Zeqiri a go or move Welbeck to the middle and play Ale Mac. Also, Gross is a waste playing wingback. Hopefully next week we can have Webster back so Veltman can go back there.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I’ll take that. We were better but Everton defended very well too. I’ll take the point ��

Agree and I would think Potter would as well. We don't have that genuine spark of genius to open defences and part of the problem is we are too slow in the build up which allows defenders to organise. A new striker might help but Potter has to change his mind set the 2 sub were probably the worst 2 he could have picked. If you are not chasing the game then far too late for subs more of a risk especially with a defender.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Are they hoping that by bringing on AJ it may increase his transfer value with additional Premier League minutes in the transfer market

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
I do like Potter, but i will never, ever understand the logic behind some of his substitutions. Ali J and Burn on when we need a goal? Baffling.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Maupay needs dropping for the next game. Either give Zeqiri a go or move Welbeck to the middle and play Ale Mac. Also, Gross is a waste playing wingback. Hopefully next week we can have Webster back so Veltman can go back there.

Agree with this. Maupay misplaced so many easy passes tonight. Thought it needed Zequiri at about 75mins to replace him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here