Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County *** Official Match Thread ***

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Start :flounce:

Why would anybody want to leave Tex out? Madness.

I go to football to be entertained and there are people on here who would be happy to see him dropped to the bench?

Tex is the only player in our squad capable of a Vicentesque moment. He is on form and scoring.

If CH is going to suck the entertainment out of our team then that would be enough for me to consider slinging in my ST.

End :flounce::flounce::flounce:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stockdale/Walton has less saves at home at 30 than any other keepers in the Championship (whatever significance that has).

I've gone for Baldock because he is the nearest we have got to Buckley who run Derby ragged in the first half of the first play-off match. That was running at their defence.
Imo a more telling stat is we are 4th in the table for shots per game and 5th for shots on target and 16th in goals scored.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Pretty sure that CMS is out tonight so if Baldrick is out wide right then its a straight choice between Best and O' Grady. Personally I'd go with O' Grady and Best on if we need fresh legs.

Rambleruk

May 8, 2014
Hi guys first time back since the play off games very surprised how your season has gone but hoping you get yourselves up to mid table teams below you are poor so you should be OK.

On to tonight not sure what to expect from us but Saturdays result had been coming we have given sides two goals and had to fight back apart from against a poor Charlton outfit.Usually this a typical pattern from us with the eventual defeat sparking us back onto a winning run but with our injuries this may not this time be the case.

With Bent,Martin and Throne definitely out I think Russell will start up front he was a central striker at Dundee with a good scoring record we moved him wide when MacClaren came in so do not judge him on his goalscoring since.We may also start our signing from Spain Raul Albentossa at centre half only played the once so far due to injury but he looked special big lad very composed, strong and quick reads the game well.

Right back I think you will see Shotton has Christie has been a having a nightmare recently plus our other spainard Mascarella is not on form and can be bullied.

Think this maybe our starting eleven

Grant

Shotton. Keogh. Albentossa. Forsythe

Mascarell
Bryson. Hughes

Ince Russell. Dawkins

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Only Albion players from the play-off first game are

Greer and Calderon. Mackail-Smith and Lualua were on the bench and they could play. Forster-Caskey is still with us, but is out of favour. Solly March (latest injury was caused by a bad tackle by Lichaj putting him out for the season) is out injured and he would have been a strong contender to start.

Category B match and tickets do not seem to be going very quickly. Less than for Leeds. Max: 25,000 probably less. (25,274 v Leeds)

Chris Martin caused almost all the problems and goals.

Russell scores against us

Jamie Ward is nuisance.

Will Hughes scores against us

Thorne scores against us

Hendrick scores against us.

Our players to score against Derby: Orlandi, Barnes, Lingard, Ulloa (all gone)

Lualua (still with us)

But apart from the 1-0 away defeat, the Albion teams that Derby have faced have been so decimated by injuries that we could not really expect to win.

This time the boot is on the other foot. Chris Martin, Hendrick, Russell, Forsyth caused problems. Almost all were caused by Chris Martin.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Derby injuries give them excuses. I'd sooner they had a better team out.

Got to be a banker 1-1 draw. Time to go soon. Earlier train as I missed the start v Leeds?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
our best defence is a good forward line, keeping their defence busy, that only ever happens lately with CMS in the side

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Derby County TEAM: #DCFC XI Vs @OfficialBHAFC - Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Mascarell, Bryson, Hendrick, Ince, Ward, Russell
substitutes Vs @OfficialBHAFC – Roos, Dawkins, Lingard, Albentosa, Warnock, Hughes, Thomas

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
#BHAFC team v #DCFC: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Holla, Kayal, Teixeira; Calderon, O'Grady, Baldock.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 7s7 seconds ago

#BHAFC team v #DCFC: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Holla, Kayal, Teixeira; Calderon, O'Grady, Baldock. #BHAvDCFC
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 10s10 seconds ago

#BHAFC subs v #DCFC: Walton (GK), Hughes, Halford, Stephens, LuaLua, Ledesma, Best. #BHAvDCFC

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 7s7 seconds ago

#BHAFC team v #DCFC: Stockdale; Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bennett; Holla, Kayal, Teixeira; Calderon, O'Grady, Baldock. #BHAvDCFC
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 10s10 seconds ago

#BHAFC subs v #DCFC: Walton (GK), Hughes, Halford, Stephens, LuaLua, Ledesma, Best. #BHAvDCFC
Very interesting. Where's Ince?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Derby team news

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very interesting. Where's Ince?
If he's not injured he's definitely having a much needed rest.
One it would seem his last couple of performances suggests he needs.

The threat of Kayal plus some dead ball quality from Holla could make for quality midfield play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here