Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County *** Official Match Thread ***

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Halford is awful at right back as he has shown when playing against us many times. It is either CB or on the bench for tonight.

I would sooner put Calderon back there and a natural midfielder wide right. Why have we signed Ledesma on loan if we are not going to play him when needed?

Re Ledesma...he's only been available for what three games? Two of which Calderon scored in ..plenty of time yet for him to make some sort of impact

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Time to ring some changes?

With injuries in their team, Derby may include Will Hughes from the start. or dare they risk him being dispossessed too easily? The same applies to Teixeira who had a stinker at Derby earlier in the season? But we are at home.

If CH really is conservative we will not see Tex starting. I would expect Dale Stephens instead, perhaps LuaLua who can retrieve the ball when he loses it a fraction better.

Baldock should be just the right type of player to unlock the slightly ponderous defence of Derby. They are quick to funnel back but not not that quick on their feet.

Last edited:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
With injuries in their team, Derby may include Wiil Hughes from the start. or dare they risk him being dispossessed too easily? The same applies to Teixeira who had a stinker at Derby earlier in the season? But we are at home.

If CH really is conservative we will not see Tex starting. I would expect Dale Stephens instead, perhaps LuaLua who can retrieve the ball when he loses it a fraction better.

Baldock should be just the right type of player to unlock the slightly ponderous defence of Derby. They are quick to funnel back but not not that quick on their feet.
why would tex not start

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
why would tex not start

Cause he loses the ball too easily and we might not get it back.

Derby(H).JPG

Currently, Derby are the best passing and possession side in the Championship. We have simply got to keep hold of the ball to be in with a chance.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

View attachment 63503

Currently, Derby are the best passing and possession side in the Championship. We have simply got to keep hold of the ball to be in with a chance.

Great idea. Lets leave out our best player who has been the main reason we have won the last two home games. Genius.

Thank **** you're not the manager.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

View attachment 63503

Amazing that we have created more chances than Derby. Look at the goals scored for each team!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

View attachment 63503

Those stats are incredible. We have equal "Duels Won %", "Pass Completion %" and "Possession %" as the team top of the table. We also have significantly HIGHER "Chances Created".

You have to blame Stockdale for our league position.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Those stats are incredible. We have equal "Duels Won %", "Pass Completion %" and "Possession %" as the team top of the table. We also have significantly HIGHER "Chances Created".

The blame is clearly with the strikers or our finishing...

Stephens for Calderon in midfield tonight ?
Im thinking Ince is dues a rest.... hes looked a bit jaded the last few weeks...

Be interesting to see who he goes with.

Stockdale

Calderon
Dunk
Greer
Bennett

Kayal
Stephens
Ince

Tex
Lua Lua
CMS

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Its a difficult one re: team selection, because I think we are likely to lose tonight so do we go at them or keep it tight? My team would be

Stockdale

Calderon (assuming Bruno out)
Dunk
Greer
Bennett

Ince
Kayal

Tex

Kaz
CMS (I've gone with CMS as his running about will deny Derby time on the ball)
Baldock

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
name one player in our squad that doesnt give the ball away too easy then and i dont care about stats

Let us see how cautious CH really is. Poyet and OG may very well have left Tex out. Steve McLaren has the same dilemma with Will Hughes.

Derby are effective with counter attacks. Unlike the away match (at Derby) we will Kayal ready to pick up on this. Possession loss stats have to be matched with the amount of touches the player gets.

Our three players that can combine with most touches are Kayal, Ince and Tex. The three of Calderon, Macca and Baldock have less than half of the ball each. I would omit one of those three to accommodate Lualua &/or Dale Stephens.

Christie and Forsyth (full backs) create a lot of chances for Derby. How can we best stop them coming forward? I bet Forsyth comes forward anyway, so how can we exploit the gap?

Anyrate, I think we have got to keep the ball for the first 20 minutes or else it will be another Arsenal start?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Stockdale/Walton has less saves at home at 30 than any other keepers in the Championship (whatever significance that has).

I've gone for Baldock because he is the nearest we have got to Buckley who run Derby ragged in the first half of the first play-off match. That was running at their defence.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Derby are missing Thorne, Hendricks, Bent, Martin and their team must be something like:

Grant

Christie Keogh Shotton Forsyth

Mascarell

Bryson Hughes

Ince Russell (or Lingard)

Dawkins​

With their goalscorers missing, it sort of evens it up somewhat.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830401/Preview Tentative starting XI.

Except Hendricks and Thorne might be fit?

I am baffled who they will actually play up front (if anyone).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here