Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County *** Official Match Thread ***

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not sure how we survived the first 15 of the second half but bringing on Stephens was a superb move. And O'Grady for lualuas goal, wow

Dec 29, 2011
Best team won, should have been by a few more though, scoreline doesn't do it justice.

Sorry? Derby were all over us for the first 20 minutes of the second half, they could have easily scored 2. Not to mention the other good changes they had throughout the game. We were unlucky to lose on Saturday just like Derby were unlucky to lose tonight. That's how it works in football, but saying a 2-0 win didn't do us justice is crazy.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well done BBBW by the way..........A week to recuperate now before starting your next winning official match day thread :thumbsup:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Unable to go tonight as my son was at a trial for the Albion, on the way back listening, it sounds as he has the measure of Bruno being Mr Liability.

First home game I've missed for years, bloody hate it but hopefully all for a good reason.
Sorry you had to miss the match it was a smash and grab until we scored the second then we held them quite comfortably with only a few scares and caused a few scares for them as they were forced to chase the game cannot honestly say we completely deserved the win but we defended heroically and their poor finishing combined to give us the chance to take the 3 points and we duly did. Best of luck to your son in his trial outcome and from a purely selfish position i hope he signs and goes on to be the next George Best (player wise not lifestyle) and has a long and distinguished career with the Albion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Derby were terrific tonight and by far the best team to come down here all season. However, for once we took outer chances and the opposition didn't! About time!

In theory, we should have Besten Forest but lost tonight.... Oh well!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sorry you had to miss the match it was a smash and grab until we scored the second then we held them quite comfortably with only a few scares and caused a few scares for them as they were forced to chase the game cannot honestly say we completely deserved the win but we defended heroically and their poor finishing combined to give us the chance to take the 3 points and we duly did. Best of luck to your son in his trial outcome and from a purely selfish position i hope he signs and goes on to be the next George Best (player wise not lifestyle) and has a long and distinguished career with the Albion.

Thanks for that. In regard to my son he did well tonight and we'll have to wait and see the outcome. It was his second trail at the new Brighton London Academy at Biggin Hill, so no chance of a quick drive to take our seats. Didn't help the lad fell/pushed over at school today and broke(looks that way) his finger. I offered to go to take him to hospital but no way was he missing his chance of playing for "his" team. Loads of padding and bandages wrapped around the hand and off we went. Now going to hospital in the morning, One 13 year old son happy with his efforts and that of his hero's tonight but in some discomfort!!

Oh my son plays as a centre back by the way so lets compare him to Lawrenson that'll do.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Sorry? Derby were all over us for the first 20 minutes of the second half, they could have easily scored 2. Not to mention the other good changes they had throughout the game. We were unlucky to lose on Saturday just like Derby were unlucky to lose tonight. That's how it works in football, but saying a 2-0 win didn't do us justice is crazy.

Bent and Martin were injured. "We did unto them what many have done unto us" (at the Amex) Soulman verse 3:1.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forsyth and to a lesser extent Ward gave Bruno the hardest work out that I can remember. If there was someone to get onto the excellent crosses we would have been dead and buried.

Resting Rohan Ince in midfield was hard to fathom. This gave Derby an edge in possession and we had to fall back into deep defence.

Baldock was a big disappointment to me again. Lualua and Dunk vie for MOM. On the balance of play the score should have been 1-1 or 1-2.

It was strange that when Derby made their subs, none of the replacements were nearly up to pace. Lingard missed a sitter. On good chances the result should have been 2-2.

At 67 minutes, normal game service was resumed with the Albion making her customary siege on the opposition goal and looking a little bit vulnerable to breakaways.

Team selection was naff by Chris Hughton. I didn't think Teixeira was really up to it in much the same way as Will Hughes was not chosen.(I said this before the game.) Substitutions were good by CH.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Official attendance has been changed , now 24,002 (was 23,665)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here