Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Did any one get on the Paddy Power, Maupay, Trossard and Benteke to have a shot on target @ 4.5?
I only chucked an odd 4.50 that i had in my account.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Totally agree.

Guaita didn’t make a series of world class saves.

For 55 minutes he dealt with a plethora of pathetic crosses and corners passed into his hands.

Then in our frenetic 25 minutes he blocked a load of shots played directly at him.

Sigh .... if only we had an elite level striker.

Lack of quality in the final third. Its not rocket science. A complete mess of overplaying and poor decision making. Its dragging us towards the Championship. Its too late to address it this season so we have to hope and pray we hang on. Too many similar players lacking that little touch of class in offensive positions. We are getting what we deserve. Nothing.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It seems on Sky, Palace are the new Liverpool.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lallana wasted two gilt edged opportunities.
Trossard had one.
Plus two brilliant blocks from Cahill.

I'm not sure what new approach we should take?
Defend like Place all game and hope to nick something on the break?
That's no good against teams parking the bus.

You don’t understand.

Those sitters being missed. That’s Potter’s fault, he should teach the players to shoot on target. Porter out.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Why did Burn watch the ball and not the player?

Because he is not good enough at this level. He allowed Ayew the space to cross for the first', as if he was running thru treacle and the winner was just poor play. So involved in both their goals and not for the first time but the manager loves him so we have to grin and bear it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Maybe rename it “possession ball” and remove the goals altogether?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuk me, you're a funny guy.

so how do you propose that bloomy takes the albion forward, to mid-table mediocrity, after that fukin desperate hughton hoofball?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
At the moment who has the confidence to say we can score the goals to stay out of trouble. Not me. Complete lack of quality in the final third which hasn't been addressed. We are awful going forward. The worst in the division. Recipe for going down.
Scored 26, conceded 32. Same as Wolves, who are 11th. 'Worst in the division' is not even on nodding terms with the truth.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Unlike a few I didn’t get carried away after a fluke win at Anfield, we are very capable of not winning for the next ten games. I feel I’m in a time loop watching us play we do the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

and different results keep happening?

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Potter on Sky ‘ I don’t think we did much wrong in the first half’

Apart from treat Palace like Man City , aimless crosses to anyone in the box and no shots

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Poor positioning from Sanchez for that goal to be honest. Switched off, nowhere near the centre of the goal. Put it down to inexperience.

Maupay just makes terrible decisions most games.

Potter really can’t do much else. If that was a boxing match, it would’ve been stopped in the 60th minute.

Feels like anti-football has won tonight.

Evil has triumphed over good.

Every football fan who saw that knows that we shouldn’t have lost that. That’s biggest rape since William The Conqueror in the north of England.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There are shades of Poyet in Potter. A little bit too dogmatic about style over substance. The evidence is pretty overwhelming that our approach doesn't work against almost all teams at home (and many away) but because we play football "the right way" we are led to believe that anyone who questions the method doesn't understand football. Potter has to change something fundamental in his approach.

the change is a pacy, big lump, up top; and he knows that

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Poor positioning from Sanchez for that goal to be honest. Switched off, nowhere near the centre of the goal. Put it down to inexperience.

Maupay just makes terrible decisions most games.

Potter really can’t do much else. If that was a boxing match, it would’ve been stopped in the 60th minute.

Feels like anti-football has won tonight.

Evil has triumphed over good.

Every football fan who saw that knows that we shouldn’t have lost that. That’s biggest rape since William The Conqueror in the north of England.

White just hoofing the ball in the air to give away possession, then Burn letting the striker get away from him.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I don't give a shit if i get banned for this but why don't you just **** off you smug little prick

Not one and I repeat one Albion fan would of enjoying us losing a game to our main rivals tonight we are all hurting and gutted but I am ****ed off with smug little pricks like you posting your shit on here '

WE HAVE JUST ****ING LOST TO PALACE NOT MRS MUGGINS UNDER 6 SIDE

[MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] had a little smirk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I'm not saying I have the answer, only that under Potter we keep having the same conversation (play quite well, don't win). It's more fundamental than luck or poor strikers. They are factors but we are so predictable and slow.

it is a massive step up from desperate hughton hoofball tho', yes?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Because he is not good enough at this level. He allowed Ayew the space to cross for the first', as if he was running thru treacle and the winner was just poor play. So involved in both their goals and not for the first time but the manager loves him so we have to grin and bear it.

first one was dunks fault, second he got tripped; watch the game

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Why did Burn watch the ball and not the player?
Burn watched the player and not the ball! Burn blocked him from going to his (bentekes) left leaving a massive gap to goal on his (bentekes) right. If Burn had watched the ball, which didn't move, Burn would have stayed still and there would have been no way through.

Burn has too many mistakes in him and is the cause of many goals. Time to get rid, unfortunately, that won't happen until the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here