Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
With BBBW doing the 'official' number, I feel the portents are good. 3-0 BHA for me, and the game being a wee bit feisty and not finishing with 22 players on the pitch :nono:

How many penalties ?

Oct 2, 2008
That is what I was thinking. Barnes, Hoskins, Mackail-Smith. But without Noone.

Who dares put up the Head-to-Head stats ?

Would Gus dare to play the not match-fit Vicente ?

Note; who are out corner takers: Dicker, Noone Buckley, Harley, Dicker. One of these must play in a home match. Buckley would be my first choice, but he is injured.

Don`t think we need a corner taker - 90% of the time we take the short one

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The big match

THE BIG MATCH

It is six years since rivals Brighton and Hove Albion and Crystal Palace met but old rivalries are renewed at the Amex Stadium on Tuesday evening.

Gus Poyet's fifth placed Seagulls welcome Palace looking for their first home win over the Eagles for 23 years and Poyet expects a night to remember for the fans. He told seagulls.co.uk :

"It should be a proper top-class football game, and whoever is better on the night should win the game. I've played in a few derby games and the North London derby was something special. You can feel it in the atmosphere and my first one was when Sol Campbell came back to White Hart Lane for the first time, so that added an extra bit of spice.

"I've also had the chance to play a charity game between ex-Palace players and ex-Brighton players and it showed that there is something special in there. I like that. I would have liked to play in these games and I'm sure that the players are aware of it, and how much it means to the fans.

"We need to make sure that we start the game well and there is no better team to do that against than Palace. You cannot start a derby game slowly."

The Football League | News | npower Championship | npower Championship news | npower Championship midweek preview

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Didn't work for Liverpool or Leeds though!

I'm the one who upset the groovy gang when I did the thread for the Posh game. How did we get on?

Oh, while I'm here, this is my only means of following the game tonight, so please think before you type things like "Nooooo".
Did my head in during the Leeds game!
I'd like to know what the atmosphere is sounding like, when we score, or heaven forbid, they score. Any close shaves should be written factually, not effin "Noooo". My heart won't take it, not against this shower.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Who dares put up the Head-to-Head stats ?

My job...

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 24
Crystal Palace wins - 7
Draws - 11
Brighton goals - 74
Crystal Palace goals - 43

League Results at Brighton - post Div 3 (S)
English League Championship

20.11.2005 Brighton 2-3 Crystal Palace
English Division One
25.03.2003 Brighton 0-0 Crystal Palace
English Division Two (old)
26.12.1988 Brighton 3-1 Crystal Palace
20.04.1987 Brighton 2-0 Crystal Palace
01.01.1986 Brighton 2-0 Crystal Palace
15.09.1984 Brighton 1-0 Crystal Palace
21.04.1984 Brighton 3-1 Crystal Palace
English Division One (old)
27.12.1980 Brighton 3-2 Crystal Palace
26.12.1979 Brighton 3-0 Crystal Palace
English Division Two (old)
17.02.1979 Brighton 0-0 Crystal Palace
22.10.1977 Brighton 1-1 Crystal Palace
English Division Three (old)
02.10.1976 Brighton 1-1 Crystal Palace
24.02.1976 Brighton 2-0 Crystal Palace
17.08.1974 Brighton 1-0 Crystal Palace
12.01.1963 Brighton 1-2 Crystal Palace

Head-to-head
• This is their first clash in six seasons since the Championship fixture at the Withdean in November 2005.
• It is 23 years since the Seagulls last registered a home victory over their South London visitors: 3-1 on Boxing Day 1988 in the old Second Division.
Brighton
• Fifth-placed Brighton take to the field for the first time since Friday's 3-3 draw with Leeds, still defending an unbeaten home league record.
• Their return of 17 points after eight games replicates last season in League One, which resulted in the title and promotion.
• Casper Ankergren could make his 200th appearance for an English club.
Crystal Palace
• Crystal Palace are battling to avoid a fourth successive league defeat, which would be their worst league run in just over a year.
• They have won only two of 30 away league games. An unlikely victory here would double their total of league wins on the road in the whole of last season.
• Should they fail to find the net, it will see them completing three league games without a goal for the second time in this calendar year.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh and still very much expecting Murray to pull out at the last minute or not come out for the second half. The man is a lazy coward.

This.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm the one who upset the groovy gang when I did the thread for the Posh game. How did we get on?

Oh, while I'm here, this is my only means of following the game tonight, so please think before you type things like "Nooooo".
Did my head in during the Leeds game!
I'd like to know what the atmosphere is sounding like, when we score, or heaven forbid, they score. Any close shaves should be written factually, not effin "Noooo". My heart won't take it, not against this shower.

This stuck at work in the States with NSC and BBC as my only updates.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Derby, West Ham and Brighton could all find themselves on top of the Championship table on Tuesday evening.

Click below for individual match previews: Brighton v Crystal Palace Bristol City v Reading Burnley v Nottm Forest Coventry v Blackpool Derby v Barnsley Doncaster v Hull Portsmouth v Peterborough Watford v Millwall West Ham v Ipswich
With top two Southampton and Middlesbrough both not in action until Wednesday, that presents the chasing pack with the chance to move above them.

Third place Derby will be top of the pile if they register a win as they host Barnsley at Pride Park.

Should the Rams not win, next in line to take advantage are West Ham United in fourth as they host Ipswich for the first time in nearly a decade at Upton Park.

Brighton are also just two points off top spot, and they play host to their arch rivals Crystal Palace in what promises to be a keenly contested affair at the Amex Stadium.

Championship preview | Sky Sports | Football | Championship | News

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I still do not know what team Gus Poyet will pick:

16. Casper Ankergren
14. Iñigo Calderón 5. Lewis Dunk 3. Gordon Greer 22. Marcos Painter
26. Liam Bridcutt
??? ???
12. Craig Mackail-Smith 9. Ashley Barnes ???

subs from : 7. Will Hoskins 25. Kazenga LuaLua 17. Ryan Harley 11. Craig Noone 8. Alan Navarro 1. Peter Brezovan 20. Romain Vincelot ???

The faces are unknowns.

It would be interesting to see:

-----------------------16. Casper Ankergren------------------------
14. Iñigo Calderón 5. Lewis Dunk 3. Gordon Greer 22. Marcos Painter
-----26. Liam Bridcutt----10. Matt Sparrow-----14. Vicente Rodríguez
-----12. Craig Mackail-Smith 9. Ashley Barnes 25. Kazenga LuaLua

But who will take the set pieces? It will have to be Vicente.

subs from: 7. Will Hoskins 17. Ryan Harley 11. Craig Noone 8. Alan Navarro 1. Peter Brezovan 20. Romain Vincelot 18. Gary Dicker

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really would like to see Hoskins start tonight but in Gus we trust

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
posts number 37 and 38 need deleting due to their offensive nature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here