Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Enjoyed that. Started badly but came on really strong and unlucky not to get the win in the end.

Potter really is an excellent manager, he got the starting formation wrong but his changes in system and personnel throughout the match really made a difference.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
It may not have been intentional but I thought Jame's assault on Burn was dangerous play, he got a yellow late on, could have been red.

James had enough poor challenges to get sent off twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We should have won. We were the better team. I'm sure most Chelsea fns would agree.

Not this one (BBC comments)

23. Posted byPaddy Pantsdownon
2 minutes ago
Brighton are a load of dirty cheating scumbags. Chelsea were by far the most SUPERIOR side and yet again get CONNED out of 3 point

Mr (scrabble hand)’s goal was a good finish but BLATANTLY a fluke.

Brighton are down by April, hopefully it’s Palace that do it to them.

Horrible Horrible team

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Chelsea had nothing left in the tank after beating Arsenal 2-1. Lampard will need to learn from that. FraPard!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
1st half was as bad as the referee,and he was dire.Chelsea keeper was their MOM for second half.We should have had 3 points .Goal of the decade already from Ali J.:albion2:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

2 minutes ago
Brighton are a load of dirty cheating scumbags. Chelsea were by far the most SUPERIOR side and yet again get CONNED out of 3 point

Horrible Horrible team

Obviously a neutral football lover then........

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I cringe at the precious posts but before the game, apart from a brief chat about Mooy it was all Chelsea, even though we are at home, now they are all over us like a rash.
When are the TV companies going to learn that we do exist and we are a decent side.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

2 minutes ago

Horrible Horrible team

It might be a gift from the almighty, whoever that is, but it was a player giving it his all for his side. That is 3 points (1 against Chelsea & 2 against Bournemouth) that I never thought we'd get.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It may not have been intentional but I thought Jame's assault on Burn was dangerous play, he got a yellow late on, could have been red.

James had enough poor challenges to get sent off twice

I disagree. Thought it was a brilliant, strong but fair challenge and he was excellent throughout.

Thought the Burn challenge was just an unlucky 50/50. But he's a strong lad, and doesn't mind putting himself about a bit - some of his other challenges were very close to the mark. And then he gets booked at the end, not for a tough challenge, but because it was a 'professional' foul. Wouldn't mind him in our team to be honest.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So that’s winks now kovavic not sent off. both far far worse than mooys double yellow.

What’s the point of VAR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I disagree. Thought it was a brilliant, strong but fair challenge and he was excellent throughout.
I don't like agreeing with you, as I feel you are often wrong/misguided. In this case you are correct. He was strong and physical but not unlawfully so. He is a really good player, unlike that moaning sod Azpilicueta

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

2 minutes ago

Horrible Horrible team

I agree with him. If we cant beat the likes of Chelsea then we're down by April.

We need to learn to finish off these mediocre teams

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

2 minutes ago

Horrible Horrible team

I can sense a compliment hidden in there somewhere :whistle:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

2 minutes ago

Horrible Horrible team

BBC comments are worse than those on the Argus site. I very occasionally click and immediately regret it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here