Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brilliant point gained today, 7 points so far against the alleged top 6 clubs.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Good grief my hangover must be worse than I knew.

Thought we were poor today. Seem to be in the minority though so will just enjoy the point and head off for a nap.

We started slowly, but after Burns had gone off injured and was replaced by Bernardo we gradually got into the match , The longer the second half went on , the more we took control and looked the likeliest team to get the three points , a point was probably a fair result

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Other than the first 30 minutes when they were all over you, I thought you played really well.

The goal was a bit special as well.

Entertaining game for a neutral, you more than deserved that point and could have won it in the last few minutes.

If I’m brutally honest, I don’t expect to be as entertained as much in our game later on against Norwich.

I still expect to pick up points mind.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
but after Burns had gone off injured

download.jpg

Jahanbakhsh became the fifth different Brighton player to score a Premier League goal as a substitute this season, more than any other side in the competition.
Despite only coming on as a 68th-minute substitute, no Brighton player had more shots (three) or created more chances (three) than goalscorer Jahanbakhsh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Enjoyed that in the main but big credit to Potter for the half time change and team talk. I personally felt our passing was woeful today but Chelsea partly inflicted that on us with their closing down and muscular break up of the play that the referee chose to do nothing about. Under that sort of pressure and poor officiating we knocked it short, hard or wide far too often, which is a problem when you play a possession game.

Much better in the second half and the goal was no more than we deserved. Thought we could have pinched all three at the death. The goal was (another) incredible moment - what a festive season Ali J has had. But overall we need to find a way to deal with physical sides who get in the ref's ear.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Agree with this entirely. He changed the system and the personnel when plan A wasn’t working. Shows a lot of tactical awareness. You are never going to get it right first time every game!

Just before our dominating period and goal Potter had a long talk with Trossard on the sidelines as chelsea made thier sub.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Last year Chelsea ripped us apart and our away game this year was our poorest game for me, this game I went away thinking we could have knicked a win at the end.:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not read the thread but I can only assume the ref was a Top Six one as I have no idea how Chelsea’s no 24 was even on the pitch by the end. Sick of the number of refs with a top six bias that we are getting at the moment

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It could also have been the AJ wasn't ready. I know that when we saw him play when he first arrived he really struggled. He had some problems which Propper also had to deal with to a lesser extent when he arrived here. Propper, every season, has got quicker in mind and feet, to the point he now is perfectly adapted to PL football and I would say one of our best players. AJ had these problems x100, but given time and coaching (and his own hard work) he has improved massively.

Regardless, when it comes to AJ it's time for all of us (him included) to look forwards. 2020 is a new year, a new decade. Bring it on.

It's always hard to adapt from Eredivisie to Premier League. In Holland you play man-man in defence so when wingers come to the PL they have to change their play style and decisions a lot. Also in Holland you learn to pass marked players as all Dutch teams try to teach players to deal with small spaces. To a lot of British players that concept is very alien. Propper does this a lot and a few players have a hard time dealing with it which is why some of his passing look really awkward sometimes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lampard’s comments:

Lampard was frustrated with Chelsea’s lacklustre display and admitted he was ‘concerned’ by their recent lack of consistency. ‘In the first half, the game was there to be won. We weren’t ruthless enough. We got the goal and we had the possession. But we just didn’t kill the game off,’ the Chelsea manager told BT Sport. ‘We allowed them to stay in the game. In the end it was a wonder goal but we were lucky not to lose the game. ‘In the end, the tactics matched up for both teams but they were better than us. We have to take that on the chin. ‘The lack of consistency is a concern. It’s something we absolutely have to look at. ‘We have to look at the game today. It’s a point, I’m not happy with the performance.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/01/fran...ahanbakhshs-wonder-goal-11987226/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When are the TV companies going to learn that we do exist and we are a decent side.

Well what a surprise the pundits talking about how poor Chelsea were

I find that the commentary team of NBC Sports in the States seems a bit more impartial and have given us a fair amount of praise recently. Quite refreshing really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here