Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Burnley *** Official Match Thread ***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Although I agree about Milner , I think Pedro made him look worse. Positionally he seemed pretty clueless in the first half

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This is most definitely a transitional season. Given the sales/loss of half a dozen top players, the expectation from a bunch of kids is astounding. The fact we're where we are is equally astounding. We're in our best ever position at this point (just) We've played 5 Euro games extra and have a significant injury crisis.

I can't get too frustrated, its a waste of time and energy. . .just think back a few years . . .we drew 1-1 most weeks, or lost, and it was dire to watch by comparisson.

Last edited:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
This is most definitely a transitional season. Given the sales/loss of half a dozen top players, the expectation from a bunch of kids is astounding. The fact we're where we are is equally astounding. We're in our best ever position at this point (just) We've played 5 Euro games extra and have a significant injury crisis.

I can't get frustrated, its a waste of time and energy. . .just think back a few years . . .we drew 1-1 most weeks, or lost, and it was dire to watch by comparisson.
Very true, perspective required and we're doing OK with injuries taking their toll but certainly frustrating where the Sheff Utd and Burnley games are concerned.

The promoted teams were garbage and we played a large part in handing them a result, they barely had to turn up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully, we don’t have many more games to go where RDZ has so few proper full backs to choose from.

I don’t like this 3 at the back but our manager has so few options.

2 new fullbacks in January please Tony!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not sure it is doing Steeles or Verbruggans confidence any good with the constant changes. Not sure how a keeper gets fatigued. We need to stick with a No 1 and then the clean sheets will follow
Clean sheets not all about the keeper. It's the way we play, and the way we play would have conceded far more goals with sanchez as keeper (in response to another post).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I can't get frustrated, its a waste of time and energy. . .just think back a few years . . .we drew 1-1 most weeks, or lost, and it was dire to watch by comparisson.
Absolutely re transition season, and if we achieve some success (European place) then next season we'll really fly with the experiences gained this season plus investment. Provided de zerbi stays.

That first half was soooooo flat though

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Absolutely re transition season, and if we achieve some success (European place) then next season we'll really fly with the experiences gained this season plus investment. Provided de zerbi stays.

That first half was soooooo flat though
The first half was way more open if we had started the better players it quite possibly would have been a different result. We then could have subbed them second half instead of trying to play catch up. January isn’t going to be pretty with Mitoma and Adingra off to the respective tournaments Pedro struggled on the wing.
Maybe we will sign a winger who knows.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I also think it is time to start looking at the long time injuries,
Lamptey is great but last 3 seasons hardly played ,
Webster is injured a lot
Lana injured a lot
Maybe time to cut our losses on the above

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It was a deflected goal, not a soft goal.
If you limit it to the shot, sure. But if you include the passage of play that led to him getting into position to shoot, it was soft. Too often opposition just run straight through us and get into dangerous positions too easily (see alo the Brentford run for the penalty on Wednesday).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you limit it to the shot, sure. But if you include the passage of play that led to him getting into position to shoot, it was soft. Too often opposition just run straight through us and get into dangerous positions too easily (see alo the Brentford run for the penalty on Wednesday).
I understand that, and injuries to experienced full backs don’t help, but it wasn’t a soft goal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I also think it is time to start looking at the long time injuries,
Lamptey is great but last 3 seasons hardly played ,
Webster is injured a lot
Lana injured a lot
Maybe time to cut our losses on the above
Why ? We didn’t even fill our 25 man squad did we ? And wages aren’t causing an issue

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Get replacements in January
We can replace them, without ‘selling’ them though can’t we ? We only have 19 registered overage players at the moment

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I see today as a missed opportunity. We did enough to win (forget about 'deserving' - no one 'deserves' to win), and simply failed to score the extra goal needed to do so.
Yes, we had many chances to do so, but that same scenario is played out every week, across all the leagues, from Premier downwards.
The upshot is that we, along with many others, win matches that we perhaps shouldn't and lose/draw matches that we shouldn't.
Football has always been that way and long may it continue.
Are any of us 'happy' about the result today, or 'happy' about recent (Prem - for clarity) results? Probably not.
Are any of 'happy' with where we are overall?
I'd like to think every damn fan on here is, because if you're not, you're in danger of becoming an entitled fool - and none of us wants to be one of those....do they?
Anyway, I thought it was an entertaining match today, regardless of the result. :)
You’re mixing up two things — 1. where we are as a football club, given our history (answer: extremely happy, obviously) and 2. how we feel dropping yet more points at home against a relegation side (answer: unhappy). This constant confusion between these two different things does my head in. It’s nothing to do with feeling entitled. It’s the fact that we still have very tough home games to come against Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Chelsea, none of which I’m certain of winning. We can make jokes about Utd and Chelsea but they will be much harder games than Burnley, Sheff Utd and Fulham should have been. The fact is, we rely on beating the bottom sides to give us a cushion against the top sides. We’re not beating the bottom sides, and that’s a concern.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All about opinions, not a single challenge went in on the Burnley build up, it was a very soft goal imo. I also think Verbruggen could have done better deflection or not, but I’m not blaming him
Your last sentence contradicts itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here