[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our attacks have been frustratingly predictable, the same movements and passing structures every time. Needs a moment of magic
Our xG today was 3.8, which suggests our chance creation was just fine but with finishing a bit below par.

3.8 is our highest of the season so far by the way, including when we put 5 and 4 past Leicester and West Ham.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Strange game of football that.

Our defence was pretty lacking. Their keeper had an incredible game. Six goals.

I don't think either team deserved to lose but neither deserved to win.
You don’t deserve anything if you concede three goals at home. Centre backs were awful and cost us the game

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
More and more teams seem to be playing like us i.e. playing out from the back to draw teams on. Maybe that’s what Pep meant when he said RDZ is changing the face of the PL?
Ooh dear, Villa up against Chels!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2nd "pen" was too close, and he was pulling his arm away. Not surprised it wasn't given.
You say 'pulling his arm away', but his arm shouldn't be there in the first place - that's why so many defenders hold their hands behind their back.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not seen their goals since live but at least two seemed very sloppy, were they?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You don’t deserve anything if you conc

You don’t deserve anything if you concede three goals at home. Centre backs were awful and cost us the game
It was a really bad day for Dunk and Colwill. Dunk even missed the best chance of the match and Colwill missed another sitter too so they were culpable at both ends!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Highlights

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Just got home and while some people seemed relieved i found that a pretty irritating performance. 'Concentration' was the word of the day. We lost it 3 times and conceded three. Lots of slightly sloppy play and Dunk and Colwill didn't have their best days.

But if you create so many chances you've gotta win it. A real lack of cutting edge. Would have been nice to bring Big Ferg on I think we would have won it with him available. I've seen some people say their keeper has a game game but he was just adequate. Most of our shooting was pretty tame. The one real stand out save was down low from solly.

Edit: just remembered Wellbecks beyond dumb pass to Gross who was literally 3 feet away and marked that led to their 3rd aaarrrgghhh!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks. Comments:

- Dunk’s positioning for their second :facepalm:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's where he stands when we have a throw-in there. He continued to do it late in the game. I guess he just needs to react faster when the throw doesn't come to him, and get in position.

- The pen. Look carefully at the movement of the arm, that was very deliberate handball. Should’ve been a red? Double jeopardy does count in that scenario.
No more double jeopardy than Wilson against Manure

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just got home and while some people seemed relieved i found that a pretty irritating performance. 'Concentration' was the word of the day. We lost it 3 times and conceded three. Lots of slightly sloppy play and Dunk and Colwill didn't have their best days.

But if you create so many chances you've gotta win it. A real lack of cutting edge. Would have been nice to bring Big Ferg on I think we would have won it with him available. I've seen some people say their keeper has a game game but he was just adequate. Most of our shooting was pretty tame. The one real stand out save was down low from solly.
Nah, he saved well from Caicedo and a diving save kept AliMac out as well. He had a great game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Double jeopardy though ... or does that not exist anymore?! Who bloody knows - the managers don't even know the rules half the time
It does - not sure of the wording of the rule, but a standard handball or foul is just a pen, but bringing down a player who is about to slot it into an empty net, or stopping the ball going into the net with your hands, is a straight red. The argument for it being a yellow is that we're not sure he was scoring - the fact that it was deliberately and he was likely to score means I think it should be a red, but I concede I am biased.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Our xG today was 3.8, which suggests our chance creation was just fine but with finishing a bit below par.

3.8 is our highest of the season so far by the way, including when we put 5 and 4 past Leicester and West Ham.
Thanks - what was theirs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports