Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Brentford *** Official Match Thread ***

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Extract from the Guardian report.

'It was the least Brighton merited after pummelling Brentford with 33 shots, 153 of which were on target– the highest amount by a team in a Premier League match this season. Every outfield player also had at least two shots for the FA Cup semi-finalists. Manchester United will not relish facing them at Wembley in the FA Cup semi-finals later this month.'

I'm sure it will be corrected as I was at the match and pretty sure we didn't have 153 shots on target!!!
It's not called The Grauniad for nothing!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Not one to criticise a team for an effective playing style but what a bloody irritating team they are to play against. Game plan is to slow everything down (20 seconds over each throw, 30 seconds over each GK, go and moan at the ref to waste another 30 secs etc) from the first whistle, dive to win free kicks and lump them into the big men. Should have been at least 10 mins added at the end of the second half. As I said when we played them at their place, they're the modern equivalent of Pulis-era Stoke City. We did very well to get a point after going behind as they are masters at seeing games out knowing full well the officials will do f*** all about their gamesmanship.

Good bunch of fans though, had a good chat with a few before KO. Really lively and entertaining game as well.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not one to criticise a team for an effective playing style but what a bloody irritating team they are to play against. Game plan is to slow everything down (20 seconds over each throw, 30 seconds over each GK, go and moan at the ref to waste another 30 secs etc) from the first whistle, dive to win free kicks and lump them into the big men. Should have been at least 10 mins added at the end of the second half. As I said when we played them at their place, they're the modern equivalent of Pulis-era Stoke City. We did very well to get a point after going behind as they are masters at seeing games out knowing full well the officials will do f*** all about their gamesmanship.

Good bunch of fans though, had a good chat with a few before KO. Really lively and entertaining game as well.
Should have had that ref England had the other week. Three players would have been booked early on, and it would have stopped.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I don’t understand how it’s possible for one team to be so brilliant and yet so frustrating. We completely dominated the game, possession, shots, chances you name one stat we didn’t dominate except the most important one which is goals scored.

Going forward, the football was scintillating. Great passing and movement, it really was a joy to watch.

Brentford AKA Danish Stoke are a horrible team to play against, but they are a well organised and hard working team and very good at what they do.

Defensively though we had an off day and gave away 3 poor goals.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
spotted the on Monday Night Football Solly and Pascal 😍

42A2BCFD-2015-4CE9-8498-7F43F82D1FB8.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here