Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Barnsley *** Official Match Thread ***

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It should be ***Official Match Thread*** not *** Official Match Thread ***

Were loose
I've spent a whole minute trying to find the difference? I've just been wasting my time haven't I.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My starting 11:

Koosh
Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward
Bridcutt
Ince
Crofts
Conway
JFC
Barnes

My prediction? 2-0 Albion, Barnes with both goals.

Would be happy with that lineup, reckon the scoreline is about right too :thumbsup: Think Barnes might get one, JFC the other.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
A somewhat disappointing draw coming up I think.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
You're quite right. Every single time Brighton has a fixture that screams HOME WIN you just know, in fact its a scientific certainty, that we'll play shit and lose by the odd goal.

Barnsley will play the masterstroke tonight by just being on the pitch to watch us self destruct....here is the match summary:

First half: Brighton dominance, 15 shots (11 off target) 65% possession and no goals. Barnsley win one debatable corner and score via a deflection.

Second half: Brighton huff and puff, Barnsley continue to put 11 men behind the ball. Final score 0-1.

Post match fall out: Garcia out threads, catering crap, transport crap although on the plus side the 124 Barnsley supporters in attendance congratulate us on our spifffing stadium via their sub standard message board.

Every part of that seems far too plausible.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
given that we could have several back from injury, how about this for an alternative line up to the one many expect tonight!

Angergran
Calderon
dunk
el Abd
Chickson
Buckley
Agdustein
Andrews
Orlandi
Lua Lua
Ulloa
subs
Brez
Macksi
March
Dickenson
plus
CMS and Hoskins to come. looking stronger now!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That would be nice.

Seriously though, that is what we should be aiming to do. When you are playing a team low on confidence you should really go for the throat right from the off. I hope we try and hit the ground running tonight.

I remember "that" West Ham away game they really really tore into us big time that day right from the first ball kicked. Thats how you do it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You're quite right. Every single time Brighton has a fixture that screams HOME WIN you just know, in fact its a scientific certainty, that we'll play shit and lose by the odd goal.

Barnsley will play the masterstroke tonight by just being on the pitch to watch us self destruct....here is the match summary:

First half: Brighton dominance, 15 shots (11 off target) 65% possession and no goals. Barnsley win one debatable corner and score via a deflection.

Second half: Brighton huff and puff, Barnsley continue to put 11 men behind the ball. Final score 0-1.

Post match fall out: Garcia out threads, catering crap, transport crap although on the plus side the 124 Barnsley supporters in attendance congratulate us on our spifffing stadium via their sub standard message board.

THIS

The only thing I would say is that itll be 1-1 we equalise in the 89th min.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
My XI:

Kuszczak
Bruno, Greer, Upson, Ward
Bridcutt
Ince, Crofts
Conway, Barnes, Orlandi

Subs: Ankergren, Calderon, El-Abd, Andrews, Caskey, Lopez, Lita.

Give Ulloa & Buckley the rest of the week and get Agustien some game time in the ressies before he comes back properly.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think tonight's the night for the first Ince WONDERGOAL!

I can see it now: bursting from deep, leaving regular-sized men sprawling in his wake, before unleashing an absolute rocket, 'foot-like-a-traction-engine,' ripsnorter into the top corner.

Thus, rescuing scant consolation for the Seagulls following Barnsley's 3 earlier goals.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
THIS

The only thing I would say is that itll be 1-1 we equalise in the 89th min.

It will be the 87th minute this time - enough time to spurn TWO golden chances to win it - one falling to Crofts and one to Barnes.

But on here, it'll only be Barnes who gets slaughtered for his miss.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What does one goal handicap mean?

It's basically a headstart for the other team, so if we win 2-0 he gets a payout but if we were to win 1-0 or 2-1 he won't because, as far as the bet is concerned, we've drawn 1-1/2-2

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Very good. Post match fall out will also include MacKenzie getting slaughtered for his all too accurate prediction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here