Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Was delighted we tightened up defensively in the second half after a few tricky moments in the first half. First clean sheet for a while. Not mega fluent in midfield but decent enough, happy to get battling wins as that’s always the sign of a team staying up. Screw entertainment I’m entertained when we win

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well over due that win! This was ridiculous though
d7ac1c951ce82d3c60182e3ae911f0e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I am/was generally pro VAR but today Ive changed my mind. It was also an earlier phase I understand?

That should not be chalked off IMO.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
mooy - Twitter Search Twitter.png

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Pretty sure that is the rule. That's why they aligh to the armpit (start of chest, end of arm).

I’m sure we can guarantee that the first goal scored by an armpit will be ruled offside as handball

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9185508 said:
On commentary they were discussing an idea to just do a way with lines - if you need lines drawn to tell then it's not offside. Sounded like a good idea to me.

That would be a significant improvement, would also take less than 5 seconds, not minutes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maupay was in an offside position when Mooy scored - surely they could find a way to disallow it??

Yes, at 1-0 the match was still alive and exciting to the end for the TV audience. A goal that kills off the game for the last ten minutes - scandalous that it should have been allowed!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Mission accomplished, well done to the whole squad.....

Excellent, I can now wear my Albion hat & scarf to visit my wife’s extended family in Brighton Michigan later for lunch and drinks....

Whoop... Whoop....

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Fair play to Duffy, he played really well in the 2nd half after a dodgy 1st half.

Personally, I’d bring Webster back in though as I don’t think he’s as bad defensively as some make out on here and he offers more to our overall play.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Fantastic performance. The one thing that drives me mad is the second phase following a set piece. Scenario: ball is played in, headed away by the defence and picked up by our holding midfielder. We've still got all our heavyweights up top - PLEASE play it in for a second time. Instead, we invariably end up playing it all the way back to Ryan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here