Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Dynamic and mobile midfield was the main difference for me......three players all prepared to look and drive forward, and when one did they exchanged holding duties. All three worked brilliantly together. All had excellent games and Muff had no answer to them.
100% As I mentioned elsewhere. Dale has been great but feel he just needs that extra touch and is slower in mind.

Some of the play between the midfield today was a joy. Quick one touch passing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Dynamic and mobile midfield was the main difference for me......three players all prepared to look and drive forward, and when one did they exchanged holding duties. All three worked brilliantly together. All had excellent games and Muff had no answer to them.

Not being picky, but would that be the two holding midfielders, Propper and Biss, or the three attacking ones, Tross, Mooy and Ali J :wink:

Having said that, after Biss tried to drive forward and lost possession in a poor position early on, he seemed to stick to his role and broke up play and gave it easy. I've always seen him as an attacking midfielder, but thought he did a great job in one of the defensive roles today.

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The big plus today that went a long way towards the 3 points was the re-union of Duffy and Dunk at the heart of our defence as they know each others play so well and complement each other. They made us look much more solid in defence.

This, should only be seperated by injury or suspension. Dunk trusts Duffy and can play his own game rather than having to keep an eye on Webster.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Not sure I totally agree. He sold himself twice that I saw and seemed very concious that his passing isn't all that. Having said that his passing was exemplary but mostly simple.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Terrible experience for me before the game , some failed Tory candidate and former poster on here tried to ACCOST me . I should have SCREAMED for a policeman

were you on your BIKE?

if you CYCLE near tim hodges, you deserve to be ACCOSTED

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Although Trossard supplied the pass for Mooy he was a little lacking in his defensive covering duties helping out Burn. Left him exposed a few times and a better team would've exploited this

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Most pleasing result of the season for me..Coming back 48 hours after a slightly unlucky defeat, team and manager given far too much stick by some so called fans and we showed what we can do with some rotated players and excellent coaching. We were magnificent from back to front, but particularly in midfield.

It also gives me more pleasure than it probably should to contribute to another defeat and injury crisis for the most tin pot bunch of undeserving Jeremys this side of Reading. Not even filling half the away end for a Saturday away day up the road? **** OFF :lolol:

Let's hope that's them sent back down towards a division that they richly deserve but that does not deserve them. With any luck Smug Eddie will move on and prove that he can't do it anywhere else without a mysterious Eastern Bloc "budget". They were ****ing woeful and I enjoyed every pass, tackle and goal as we toyed with them like a cat with a dead mouse.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Most pleasing result of the season for me..Coming back 48 hours after a slightly unlucky defeat, team and manager given far too much stick by some so called fans and we showed what we can do with some rotated players and excellent coaching. We were magnificent from back to front, but particularly in midfield.

It also gives me more pleasure than it probably should to contribute to another defeat and injury crisis for the most tin pot bunch of undeserving Jeremys this side of Reading. Not even filling half the away end for a Saturday away day up the road? **** OFF :lolol:

Let's hope that's them sent back down towards a division that they richly deserve but that does not deserve them. With any luck Smug Eddie will move on and prove that he can't do it anywhere else without a mysterious Eastern Bloc "budget". They were ****ing woeful and I enjoyed every pass, tackle and goal as we toyed with them like a cat with a dead mouse.

Great post and exactly how I feel. Loved that performance today and especially happy for jahanbacksh. He'll be buzzing tonight!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Was sure the game was tomorrow but would have missed out anyway because family stuff. Pleased to see the result and that reaction from Ali J brought some joy to my old heart.

LOL - I did exactly the same thing ( every other league didn't play today ) so it was a pleasant surprise when I heard a 2-0 victory reported for the Albion .:smile::smile:

Onwards and upwards !

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Did anyone notice Duffy and Montoya clapping Ali J off today? I thought it was a nice touch and shows how tight they are as a unit - have they always been tight or is that Mr Potter? I know he is massively into team-building.

Was a nice ode to Ali J in anyway and shows how pleased everyone was for him!

Partly Potter but seeing Potter, ARJ and Burn interviewed after the game it seems mostly due to the Persian Prince being a really nice bloke and a great professional.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here