Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion (c) vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
2-1 Albion.

Craig Noone with a diving header after a lovely flowing move on 33 minutes. Lallana will get one back for Saints just before HT. Calderon will score the winner on 72 minutes with a 30 yard pile-driver.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
does anyone know if Gus is actually signed on to play because the dream would be to bring himself and Tarrico on with 10 mins to go and Tarrico to hoof one over from the wing for "your man" to volley it in(THE WINNER) from 20 yards.
you would not be able to wipe the smile off my face all summer even if I expire

COME ON YOU ALBION

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
This one means something to me, the shite that a Saints friend of mine has been spouting in the way of excuses. "We'll see how you do next year; you will struggle to hold on to your manager & some of the players", not one drop of recognition that we are the deserving Champions....& this is a mate!
I really want to let them have it!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This one means something to me, the shite that a Saints friend of mine has been spouting in the way of excuses. "We'll see how you do next year; you will struggle to hold on to your manager & some of the players", not one drop of recognition that we are the deserving Champions....& this is a mate!
I really want to let them have it!

Sounds like a nice fella.

My only concern is that our players have got one eye on their holidays. Saints might just be more up for today than us. I hope I'm wrong.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My only concern is that our players have got one eye on their holidays.

I don't think Gus would let them. He would certainly let them know if they did.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He would certainly let them know if they did.

Of that I'm certain.

Hot day, we've already won the championship, big celebration after Walsall........mmmmm......I think Gus might have had his work cut out today if we weren't playing Southampton. I hope those unwise comments from the Southampton manager will prove to be motivating enough to overcome end of season apathy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought of that but they don't do duplicates on match days any more.

They said that, but my ticket for the FC united game never arrived. I popped in to the club shop the day before the game and was told match days were the only day they could print duplicate tickets and I'd have to phone the following day. They didn't take any information from me to record a visit prior to match day, so they couldn't know when I phoned on the saturday morning that I had stopped by during the week.

Even if they take my word for it (I did mention that I had popped in the day before), there was nothing to back me up because they took no details from me. If all you have to do is say you contacted them during the week, then what's the point?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
player on
to be sure there will be niggle
we are champions and they are NOT

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Albion: (4-4-2) Ankergren; Calderon, Elphick, El-Abd, Painter; Bennett, Bridcutt, Dicker, Sparrow; Murray, Barnes. Subs: Brezovan (GK), Dunk, Navarro, Kishishev, Noone, Sandaza, Wood.

Southampton: (4-4-2) Davis; Butterfield, Fonte, Jaidi, Dickson; Guly, Hammond, Chaplow, Forte; Gobern, Lambert. Subs: Forecast (GK), Richardson, Seaborne, Lallana, Connolly, N'Guessan, Stephens.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
bbc solent, horrible southampton arrogent commentators but not alot we can do there.

could ask Jonny Byrne to pop along to their box and give them a jobbing

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Adkins is still wiping the egg off his face :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here