Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion (c) vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wasn't making any excuse. If you read the posts I actually criticised our chairman for dithering which I believe meant that we failed to properly challenge you.

There you go again. Simply accept you didn't come top and stop looking for excuses. Just like Harding in the press, apparently you couldn't keep up because you had so many games cancelled. So did we, and still managed to win 8 in a row in March.

Southampton as a club may well have had the wrong manager at the start of the season, but it wasn't some external force working against your rightful position as champions.

Why can't Southampton fans accept that simply Brighton were better ?

Promotion is the aim for us, the championship title is just a nice bonus.

Yeah right....

Last edited:

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
There you go again. Simply accept you didn't come top and stop looking for excuses. Just like Harding in the press, apparently you couldn't keep up because you had so many games cancelled. So did we, and still managed to win 8 in a row in March.

Southampton as a club may well have had the wrong manager at the start of the season, but it wasn't some external force working against your rightful position as champions.

Why can't Southampton fans accept that simply Brighton were better ?

It wasn't an external force, it was the dithering of our chairman. Next season will be interesting with a proper pre season not ruined by Pardew and a settled manager and team. We will see what happens.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Can't stop yourself. Are you in denial ?

Nope Brighton performed better than saints at the beginning of the season before Adkins came in. Since there points per game ratio has been very similar. Our chairman f*cked up the early part of our season because of the Pardew debacle. Our form noticeably dropped after he left and we lost three games in a row which took us a while to recover from. I don't see why that's a delusion, it's my honest opinion.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nope Brighton performed better than saints at the beginning of the season before Adkins came in. Since there points per game ratio has been very similar. Our chairman f*cked up the early part of our season because of the Pardew debacle. Our form noticeably dropped after he left and we lost three games in a row which took us a while to recover from. I don't see why that's a delusion, it's my honest opinion.
Hypochondriac my deluded young friend. Look at that table my colleague Acker79 has produced. Look at the ppg ratio and say: "Oh, I was wrong, it was nothing to do with the start of the season, you've been better than us all season long." And if it makes you feel better we'll GIVE you the MK Dons game. But I'd stop if I were you, you're just making yourself look stupid now - although it IS funny.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Hypochondriac my deluded young friend. Look at that table my colleague Acker79 has produced. Look at the ppg ratio and say: "Oh, I was wrong, it was nothing to do with the start of the season, you've been better than us all season long." And if it makes you feel better we'll GIVE you the MK Dons game. But I'd stop if I were you, you're just making yourself look stupid now - although it IS funny.

It's a matter of opinion but clearly we aren't going to agree. Lets see how we each perform next season in the NPC if we get there with a settled squad and pre season with settled coaching staff.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a matter of opinion but clearly we aren't going to agree. Lets see how we each perform next season in the NPC if we get there with a settled squad and pre season with settled coaching staff.
Well, no it isn't a matter of opinion. You said originally that since Adkins took over your ppg ratio was as good as ours, and we've been able to demonstrate that it wasn't. The rest is conjecture on your part in an attempt to explain away the inconvenient truth represented by the league table.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Well, no it isn't a matter of opinion. You said originally that since Adkins took over your ppg ratio was as good as ours, and we've been able to demonstrate that it wasn't. The rest is conjecture on your part in an attempt to explain away the inconvenient truth represented by the league table.

Discounting the MK Dons game, the PPG ratio is close since Adkins came in so the point still stands. The opinion on my part is that our bad start to the season effectively meant that we weren't as close to challenging you as we could have been but lets leave it. Well done on winning the league, hopefully we will finish second and get in the championship and challenge you more next year. That's all I really care about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Discounting the MK Dons game, the PPG ratio is close since Adkins came in so the point still stands.

2.22 us
2.11 to you if we discount one of your losses because the manager at the time decided not to pick the team himself.

More than a tenth of a point difference, which is quite a bit when you consider the maximum is 3 points.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
jesus wept, why are the saints fans STILL here?

Unlike us, their season isn't over

Please let it now be seen, the utter utter arrogance of Southampton fans.

Apparently now the Championship isn't good enough for them, it has to known at "The NPL...."

What the f*ck does NPL stand for ?

"Not Premiership Lately...."

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Unlike us, their season isn't over

Please let it now be seen, the utter utter arrogance of Southampton fans.

Apparently now the Championship isn't good enough for them, it has to known at "The NPL...."

What the f*ck does NPL stand for ?

"Not Premiership Lately...."

NPL? Don't you mean NPC? N Power Championship? Or did I skim over the NPL reference? IF so, perhaps N Power League one/two?

(For the record, I hate the NPC acronym too).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
NPL? Don't you mean NPC? N Power Championship? Or did I skim over the NPL reference? IF so, perhaps N Power League one/two?

(For the record, I hate the NPC acronym too).

God knows, first I've heard it was on here from SCC fans (they like their initialisations...)

NPC - isn't that a car park ?

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Discounting the MK Dons game, the PPG ratio is close since Adkins came in so the point still stands. The opinion on my part is that our bad start to the season effectively meant that we weren't as close to challenging you as we could have been but lets leave it. Well done on winning the league, hopefully we will finish second and get in the championship and challenge you more next year. That's all I really care about.
I'm sorry , I don't usually continue arguing with complete idiots but the point does NOT stand, it has been comprehensively trashed. You maintained the ppg was 'close' well it wasn't. Between promotion rivals 'close' would be a difference of about .02 i.e. one point, between us it's .13 And if our start had been better we'd have been even further ahead.

I can't believe I've wasted 10 minutes of my life typing that. Good luck with second, I'm sure you'll get it. Looking forward to next season and more of this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here