Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion (c) vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
We have shown that it matter not what the table looks like at the end of September. Lets see who finishes the nearest top of the Championship next season.

Yep. We will be on a pretty equal footing then. No excuses or arguments whoever finishes top. I suspect it will be closer than this year, exciting whatever!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When Adkins came in we were miles behind you. Since then I believe we may be slightly closer to you, thus our PPG ratio over the period may actually be better than your. If it isn't, it's still very similar. I don't think you have had all the luck at all, simply that it is my belief that if Adkins had been bought in over the summer, we would have given you a run for your money. If our points per game ratio under Adkins had been similar at the start of the season then it would be a lot closer. Really you can blame our chairman for not acting sooner. It's pretty irrelevant though if we both go up. Promotion is the aim for us, the championship title is just a nice bonus.
Ok, look it's not worth arguing about. Go and look at the league table when Adkins took over and see how many points you were behind us, and then look at it now. If the points gap between us is smaller now than it was then, then yes, your ppg record since that point in time is better than ours, and if it makes you feel better you can indulge in a spot of 'if only'. But it IS pure conjecture.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Ok, look it's not worth arguing about. Go and look at the league table when Adkins took over and see how many points you were behind us, and then look at it now. If the points gap between us is smaller now than it was then, then yes, your ppg record since that point in time is better than ours, and if it makes you feel better you can indulge in a spot of 'if only'. But it IS pure conjecture.

I think my post made it fairly obvious that it was conjecture. Just giving my point of view.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With your reputed wealthy owners and Adkins being a better manager than Poyet witha better team you should win easily care to have a bet with the winnings going to REMF?

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
With your reputed wealthy owners and Adkins being a better manager than Poyet witha better team you should win easily care to have a bet with the winnings going to REMF?
I never said Adkins was a better, simply that they are very different and have different styles. I think with a settled pre season and being able to build on the players we have this year, we will be much more evenly matched. I'll happily have a friendly bet with you for charity. Nothing massive mind, I'm still feelings the effects of the recession.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Are you saying you wanted Adkins in over last summer ?

I had heard from more than one source that Pardew's days were numbered. I either wanted Cortese to stick with Pardew till the end of the season or replace him in the summer. The dithering is what caused the poor start to the season and IMO is why we haven't gained more points.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
it was our start which meant we were so far behind you. Since Adkins has come in our ppg have been largely similar

Both played 37 games since September 12th (the date NA took over according to wikipedia)

Brighton
W 25
D 7
L 5
ppg = 2.22

Southampton
W 23
D 7
L 7

ppg = 2.08

Still 6 points behind us.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If KLL wasn't injured the gap would be well over 20 points and we would have been promoted in March. All hypothetical BUT the facts speak for themselves , we are top of the league.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yeah but can't count the MK Dons game as he didn't pick the team. What was the deficit after that?

The same was said about Russell Slade when he took over here when I criticised his losing percentage :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We played MK Dons on the 15th which we lost and Adkins didn't pick the team.

:lolol:

.. or the next when he was waiting for the managers office to be painted his favourite colour.

Just because our season has finished early, it doesn't mean you can use as an excuse that yours started late.

Do you use different clocks down there ? Shall you be lobbying the Football League for seeding..... ?

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
:lolol:

.. or the next when he was waiting for the managers office to be painted his favourite colour.

Just because our season has finished early, it doesn't mean you can use as an excuse that yours started late.

I wasn't making any excuse. If you read the posts I actually criticised our chairman for dithering which I believe meant that we failed to properly challenge you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here