Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion (c) vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody atrocious thread. A little late, poor ref details, no weather or travel info. We are doomed.

Although I would put money on a low scoring draw.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Really looking forward to today. Will be poping down to the tube station in a bit to make our way down to the south coast on this glorious day. Really hope you haven't got a weak side out as it will make a mockery of the game. Should be an interesting game with two completely different playing styles clashing, our fast paced powerful attacking play, against your more continental, slow build up play, drawing teams onto you before unleashing a counter. The only upside is if you do play a weakend side, hudders will be pissed off as we should get the three points.

That's the best way of putting 'hoofing it to a fat bloke' I've ever heard

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My nervous Saints fans friends asked how I'm feeling about the game this morning?
I feel like its the final furlong of the Derby and there are two horses miles clear and I've backed both antepost.
Sure there's one result I want more than the other - but at the end of the day I can't lose I'M ON A WINNER
We are the Champions!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
That's the best way of putting 'hoofing it to a fat bloke' I've ever heard

Hardly. Our game is to get the ball wide and let them bomb down the flanks. Admittedly mostly down the left as that's where lallana pops up most of the time.

I can 100% guarentee you were not at the game back in Nov. If you were you would not have said this. I spoke to a couple of Brigton lads after the game and they didn't know how we wern't a couple ahead going into half time, as we battered you. It was wave after wave of attacks on your end. Second half admittedly you probably edged, but we do not play long ball. Of course we will play several balls up to lambert as you need to mix it up a bit, but primarily our game is to get down the flanks.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Awful thread title, we're doomed!
Why isn't player on yet?
Anyone got a free online stream?
Any team news?

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Awful thread title, we're doomed!
Why isn't player on yet?
Anyone got a free online stream?
Any team news?
I can relax now that that's out the way.
Do you have that paragraph saved somewhere so you can refer back to it every weekend? :p
This thread has the potential to become another anti-southampton thread for anyone keeping count :thumbsup: Hopefully we hammer them 5-0, and Adkins gets loads of abuse.

ArfieldGood

Dec 10, 2010
Huddersfield
Well you've got the whole of Huddersfield on your side! 10 - 0 would be nice, get their G/D down. You've thoroughly deserved top spot, by far the best and most consistent team, don't let that slip today! Save it for next weekend instead!

Seeeeeaaaaaaagullllls!!!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This is the first ever Albion game I have had a ticket for but not attended. Just couldn't face an eight hour round trip after travelling back from the Alps yesterday. Lets face it its a pretty meaningless game for us.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
3-1 albion win loads of aampshire eegits gettin sun stroke the whole of the country rejoicing as the saints plunge into play off position...............marvelous...

fuckin stupid american spell check won't let me change that .......marvelous:facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is the first ever Albion game I have had a ticket for but not attended. Just couldn't face an eight hour round trip after travelling back from the Alps yesterday. Lets face it its a pretty meaningless game for us.

did you fly direct to..............aberwystwyth...???

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So far we have had:

1) Harding - "everyone has it in for us"

2) Hammond - "our postponements meant we couldn't put pressure on them..."

3) Adkins - "if they can keep up with us...."

4) Someone - "our grand is poor so gives us an advantage"

You know what, I don't give a scooby's today, nice to win, nice to get to 100 points by the end of the season, BUT WHO FOOKIN CARES, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS,.... bugger off SCC, you are full of it. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Oh dear! Are you able to let the club know? I could buy the duplicate ;-)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Hardly. Our game is to get the ball wide and let them bomb down the flanks. Admittedly mostly down the left as that's where lallana pops up most of the time.

I can 100% guarentee you were not at the game back in Nov. If you were you would not have said this. I spoke to a couple of Brigton lads after the game and they didn't know how we wern't a couple ahead going into half time, as we battered you. It was wave after wave of attacks on your end. Second half admittedly you probably edged, but we do not play long ball. Of course we
will play several balls up to lambert as you need to mix it up a bit, but primarily our game is to get down the flanks.

Yes you did really well against an out of form team hit by injuries/suspensions. Today will be an entirely different affair, only one winner today and it will be the boys in the old Brighton blue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here