Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Very true, they make a big play of being welcoming to Sikhs, Afro-Caribbeans and Jews...on their marches you often see the Star of David!

This is because Rangers fans support Israel because Celtic support Palestein.

The support for Israel is slightly compromised by members of the EDL seig-heiling though, irony is not one of their strong points.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see they're protesting against the imminent threat of Sharia Law being imposed on this country. Can someone tell me when the vote on this is taking place in parliament, only I'd quite like to protest against it myself.

Quite. And NO to hardline communism, while we're about it! I don't like the sound of North Korea's governmental style at all: so can we start the protests so that doesn't happen here too?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't stop laughing at that picture! In the the evolution of the species diagram, they're about the 2nd figure in from the left!

BIG GAY AL

May 27, 2008
I normally just read on here, and don't post, but why did they think to put the Brighton badge on that flag?? How did they see the two things connected, I guess they saved on buying a second flag but still!

I don't know why but I never see Brighton fans looking like that, I see them being more intelligent I guess!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Would be interesting to know how many convictions ie crimes against English law and against English people is represented in that one picture apart from the insult of having them represent me at their nonsense

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My gas and electricity deal expires at the end of February , will I get a decent quote from EDL to switch ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
to be fair, if i saw any of them i would run a mile. they look, in the words of the great danny dyer, "pwoper naughty"

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
463917.jpg

The one in the middle, poking his head above the large gentleman's left shoulder is my cousins son...... we are all so proud!!..... not.

He has never been to an albion game in his life.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Heard some guy chanting “EDL” outside Vicarage Road at the end of the Watford vs Brighton cup game. Embarassing, disgusting and I was desperately hoping he wasn't an Albion "fan".

you say this as if its impossible to be in the EDL and be a brighton fan at the same time? im not saying i agree with them using the badge on an EDL flag, but why do you put the word fan in inverted commas? do you think that every proper brighton fan has the same oppinion as you? and if they dont, then they're not a fan? youre the type of person on here talkin about the narrow mindedness of people waving the EDL flag and so on, but how narrow minded is what youve just said...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

The rather angry-looking gent in the middle seems to have Asian script tattoos adorned upon his (most impressively sized) knuckles. Am I alone in noticing the hypocritical whimsy in this choice of body art? Never mind. Must get back to DEFENDING ENGLAND!!!*

*Except from countries that do spicy food, or have a pretty alphabet.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
so you know them???,but your safely tucked away in swindon,giving it the large

Manila doesnt need me to speak for him but you should go to his former residence if you really want to experience islamic terrorism at the sharp end.

I agree with the sentiments here about linking this with football clubs- and even if you do sympathise with the EDL, without being a snob the terrace links with the EDL and the daft chanting and looking for a row is what undoes any chance of having a sensible debate about some of the issues they raise, in the mainstream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here