Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the same way some male posters work there way along photos passing judgement on the doability of the subjects, can one of our female throng give their binary verdict on these lovely fellas? Edna? First one on the left yes/no?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I'm not convinced. You can use copyrighted work for personal use, and without commercial gain, reasonably freely. Trademarks are a bit different. But then not everything can be protected by a trademark. It's an interesting question though. Any intellectual property experts out there? The club badge is certainly copyrighted, but is it trademarked?

Yep - Intellectual Property Office - Results but doesn't look very uptodate

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
you say this as if its impossible to be in the EDL and be a brighton fan at the same time? im not saying i agree with them using the badge on an EDL flag, but why do you put the word fan in inverted commas? do you think that every proper brighton fan has the same oppinion as you? and if they dont, then they're not a fan? youre the type of person on here talkin about the narrow mindedness of people waving the EDL flag and so on, but how narrow minded is what youve just said...

Call it narrow minded if you like, but I (and I'm sure the vast majority of Albion fans feel the same) do not want these neanderthal low life thugs to be associated in any way whatsoever with our great football club.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty embarrassing, but I'm not sure exactly what the club can do, be interesting to see. Bit like when that horrible bint turned up to pay tribute to killer Raoul Moat wearing a Chelsea shirt. I'm sure they weren't too chuffed about that either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Curious. I wonder what they can do, apart from issue a strongly worded condemnation on their official site?

If identified, they can certainly withdraw their season tickets / ban them from the ground. They have absolutely right of refusal.

This obviously will be no huge issue for those of them who are actually NOT Albion fans anyway.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Call it narrow minded if you like, but I (and I'm sure the vast majority of Albion fans feel the same) do not want these neanderthal low life thugs to be associated in any way whatsoever with our great football club.

Couldn't care less if they are fans of Albion or not. What they shouldn't do, however, it is to drag the Albion into a political protest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good. I don't want the club to be associated with trendy middle class lefties and pseudo anarchists who inflict dreadful music on long suffering fans at home games.
Bless. Is your flounce based on the fact that these EDL goons look *exactly* like their stereo types, which is what you apologists usually hate to admit? You know, they look stupid, thick-necked, and tattooed up, "pwoper nawty", aggressive and white, anglo saxon.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Bless. Is your flounce based on the fact that these EDL goons look *exactly* like their stereo types, which is what you apologists usually hate to admit? You know, they look stupid, thick-necked, and tattooed up, "pwoper nawty", aggressive and white, anglo saxon.

Aha you're the first member of the clique to bite. Good morning Simster!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Extremist political views at football are not acceptable in my book. It's all about kicking a little ball with football boots, not about jackboot politics. Sad that they have associated themselves with the Albion. The Albion and a vast majority of it's fans most certainly do not associate themselves with the EDL.

TNBA

TTF

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the EDL believe muslims were behind 9/11 and 7/7.........this is funny and uneducated.

who lived on this island before the "current english".....lol....not the "current english" ...its a big planet, and what english imperialism is not to be celebrated or hung onto.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Extremist political views at football are not acceptable in my book. It's all about kicking a little ball with football boots, not about jackboot politics. Sad that they have associated themselves with the Albion. The Albion and a vast majority of it's fans most certainly do not associate themselves with the EDL.

TNBA

TTF

To be honest I don't think the vast majority of Albion fans give two hoots about the EDL, the UAF, the Official Monster Raving Loony Party or right on middle class anarchists. They do care about the club, its results and the passion behind it. Call me old fashioned I go to the Albion to support my football team. I'm also (at 55) far too ancient to exhibit any macho bravado, however I still believe that I can drink any clique members under the table, although I prefer gin and tonic or an agreeable merlot to ale these days. But that's a stereotypical "righty" (civilized division) for you.

But please no radical poetry or ageing punk rock music to try and give us an image of being a street cred club. That is sooooooooooooo sad!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here