Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton City FC

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Moulscoombe with the E----it looks so much better. I think you will find a lot of Albion fans live there and go to games unlike you:)

Yes bad typo but not sure what your point is. There are a lot of Albion fans who live and go to games from Whitehawk too Im certain. They certainly did when I lived around there. As Scoombers get enough ragging I used there to make the point that changing the name seems to show little faith to the community they came from (whats wrong with Whitehawk?) , not to diss Moulscoombe in any way more than we have joshed about it since we were kids. Sorry if its a touchy subject.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Kind of you to remember. Still think East Brighton would have been better - more accurate, and a bit edgier.[/QUOT

Agree but still its a bit pathetic..... changing the name, I doubt will change the interest and may alienate the few fans they DO have. I assume theyll be moving from the Enclosed?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm probably wrong about this, but technically the city is Brighton & Hove, not Brighton, isn't it? So they should become Brighton & Hove City FC. And isn't there already a Brighton City football club in Australia?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Its going to be a bit of a shock when the away side supporters see the area and facilities, far better that they move to Withdean and change their name to .... anything other than Brighton City

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yes bad typo but not sure what your point is. There are a lot of Albion fans who live and go to games from Whitehawk too Im certain. They certainly did when I lived around there. As Scoombers get enough ragging I used there to make the point that changing the name seems to show little faith to the community they came from (whats wrong with Whitehawk?) , not to diss Moulscoombe in any way more than we have joshed about it since we were kids. Sorry if its a touchy subject.

Fair enough :thumbsup:
Moulsecoomb School taught we everything I know:dunce:-------------------we're leave it there:wink:

Last edited:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

MOULSECOOMB........:thumbsup:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Every big city should have two teams However it. Could be a while until they are rivals until then good luck to them

Oct 25, 2003

they have better chance attracting sponsors with "brighton" in their name........that's the thinking anyway

Last edited:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Solihull Moors (renamed from Moor Green) V Aston Villa may be a good analagy

Other Cities where there is 2 teams and no-one knows why Cambridge (City and United), there are not enough fans in Cambridge for one team, there will be many more I can't be bothered to think of right now.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm probably wrong about this, but technically the city is Brighton & Hove, not Brighton, isn't it? So they should become Brighton & Hove City FC. And isn't there already a Brighton City football club in Australia?

I think us hovians should found a rival club, Hove town FC.

**** the brighton scum!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
they have better chance attracting sponsors with "brighton" in their name........that's the thinking anyway

Doesnt make sense to me.... should Aston Villa change their name to Birmingham Albion?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I think us hovians should found a rival club, Hove town FC.

**** the brighton scum!

That would be a revival, Hove Town (formally Hove White Rovers) played in the County League but disbanded because they couldn't compete with potential spectators going to the Goldstone.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Solihull Moors (renamed from Moor Green) V Aston Villa may be a good analagy

Other Cities where there is 2 teams and no-one knows why Cambridge (City and United), there are not enough fans in Cambridge for one team, there will be many more I can't be bothered to think of right now.

Oxford Utd and Oxford City

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Whitehawk were my non-league side, my nearest team.

There is now a vacancy.....

I could understand a little if there were serious league ambitions, but this.

Anyway, I live in Queens Park, what would my second nearest non-league side be folks ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here