Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton City FC

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Odd move. East Brighton FC or something like that makes some sense, but trying to make out they're the city of Brighton's team, i think they're a bit deluded. What sort of gates to they get? That odd little ground is miles from anyway (and that includes most of Whitehawk!) and tricky to get to. They might do better trying to convince the people who live in and around Whitehawk to really get behind them than attempting to reach out to the city as a whole.

Lewes or even Burgess Hill is a much better non league afternoon out in my view... especially as you can get the train to either and have a few pints.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Good luck to them, got a great manager too.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
They're gonna be a bit stuck for songs. "We are Brighton, super Brighton" etc. Think we've got all the generic ones covered.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I cant see what the fuss is about with those who arent happy with the name change, i cant see them ever getting into the Football League, so if anything they are now representing the city (except not Hove, but then it isnt a city then but oh well) in non-league football.

They still need to do something to get more people through the gates, a simple name change wont increase it by a huge amount, especially charging £10 a game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I cant see what the fuss is about with those who arent happy with the name change, i cant see them ever getting into the Football League, so if anything they are now representing the city (except not Hove, but then it isnt a city then but oh well) in non-league football.

They still need to do something to get more people through the gates, a simple name change wont increase it by a huge amount, especially charging £10 a game.

£10 I think would probably be the cheapest entry in the Conference South, probably the Conference North as well. Lewes charge £11 now in the Rymans. I'd say that would be more than fair and sensible pricing for that level of football.

As I mentioned before, striking some sort of deal where BHAFC ST holders get in for say £7 or something, could also boast their gates.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
So they technically should be called Brighton and Hove City FC - cripes!

Then again, in a few decades time, I wonder if it'll still be the City of Brighton and Hove, or just City of Brighton - like the shortening of Brighthelmstone.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As I mentioned before, striking some sort of deal where BHAFC ST holders get in for say £7 or something, could also boast their gates.

Exactly, they could get hundreds attending if BHAFC arent at home at the same time. Sure they are paying less to get in but its better is you have more paying less, than less paying more.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Still think they'd have been better off with Brighton Whitehawks

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Epic fail for that name.
East Brighton FC or AFC Brighton or something like that. You can't mention City without putting the word Hove in there. They might have well called themselves Hove City. I don't think they've thought this through.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Epic fail for that name.
East Brighton FC or AFC Brighton or something like that. You can't mention City without putting the word Hove in there. They might have well called themselves Hove City. I don't think they've thought this through.

I totally agree. They've just alienated the vast majority of Albion fans by selecting that name too. I've got some respect for Crawley and Whitehawk too but Brighton City can go fvck themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here