Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Born

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
spose then you're Proper Brighton if you were born in Greater Brighton....Lancing to Seaford??
Proper Proper Brighton if above AND you went to every Withdean game and
Proper Proper Proper Brighton if you are the above AND went to Gillingham.....think some T Shirts need to be knocked up

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace fans still don't understand that Albion fans live all around the world but were born in Brighton or Sussex.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I am a Brighton born and lived within 10 miles all my life Mrs Blue2 is the same

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
You do seem to get a lot of people saying "oh your the first real Brightonian I have met" which seems strange to me, as most of my friends are born and bred here, as well as my family for at least four generations. I was born at the General, on birthday coincidently.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Cant see how you can be proper albion if you are born outside brighton tbh.

I was born in Maidstone, but my father and grandfather were from Brighton and supported the Albion since the 1930's. I think that's good enough

Cat Fish

May 16, 2012
Central brighton
Seems to me the OP feels he is superior to others that ha e moved here.

I to was born here and all the generations as far back as family can remember all lived in Brighton and I will defend Brighton to the hilt, but I can't wait to get away from here.
All I do is is commute from the place, the town offers me nothing for leisure / play time and the greens have stopped us car drivers going to town for shopping so I'm off out to the country.

Absolute Bullshit! Where have I acted superior?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Its starting to get depressing the amount of people who express patronising surprise when I say I was born in Brighton (as were the pervious 7 or so generations on my Dads side). Does anyone else get this? Hopefully there are still a high number of Brighton Borns still able to live here!

You are an imposter. We already have a Catfish on this site and he is from Worthing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Its starting to get depressing the amount of people who express patronising surprise when I say I was born in Brighton (as were the pervious 7 or so generations on my Dads side). Does anyone else get this? Hopefully there are still a high number of Brighton Borns still able to live here!

Judging by this thread I'm genuinely surprised anyone gives a shit about anything you say.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Yes, me also. 5 Generations of Brightonians on my Dad's side here and he's a genealogist; before 1841 it becomes trickier in Brighton and Hove to confirm it and before 1801, near impossible (unless you are gentry/mormon). Have you had it researched? Curious as I don't often meet anyone with a longer (provable) Brighton lineage.
One here...born Brighton....as all my relatives on mothers side go back to 1705 in Brighton....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So, I was born in Camberley, Surrey. An Albion fan of 38 years standing- and now at last I know that I have never been a 'proper' one :lolol:
Aren't you missing something at the beginning of your post? Something you keep reminding the internet world?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Brighton is a town that is built on migration and has been since the railway arrived. It's a splendid demographic and for me it makes the place. Only a handful of my friends are actually Brightonian by origin, and to be honest it's never bothered me. I think it would be a horrid little hermogonised, provincial town otherwise

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here