Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic ****Official Match Thread****

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Whoever it was on here a while ago that Brighton are a team of divers who have a terrible rep. with the rest of the league might have a point after Señor Ulloa and Vicentes antics tonight according to BBC London.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Whoever it was on here a while ago that Brighton are a team of divers who have a terrible rep. with the rest of the league might have a point after Señor Ulloa and Vicentes antics tonight according to BBC London.

There we go. Vicente got brought down (fairly) once and Ulloa did his usual leaning back into defenders (or being held, as it looks like most of the time). Do all of the referees in England have something against Ulloa? Whenever he appears to be being held back, they either give a foul against him for leaning into the defenders or just do nothing.

You know that point in the game where it looked like we were going to score at any minute? Yeah, that bit, where we had about a dozen chances in 2 minutes before Charlton hoofed it clear. I think the following "AALLLLBIIOONNN" was the loudest singing I've heard at the Amex so far - truly colossal noise. Much louder than Anfield was last year...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
IMHO.... we played superbly tonight... what was there to change... arguably Buckley (MoM) for Orlandi was the only change I could see that should have been made. Vicente had a good game, I thought

However I kind of dislike the fact that Orlandi gave way to Vicente. Orlandi has given more to the team this season and I'd rather see Vicente as an impact sub.

I only listened so cannot really make a judgement, but I hardly heard Buckley mentioned in the 2nd half. I remember commenting "Sadly it sounds like Lua Lua is promising much but actually delivering little. Are we deliberately only attacking down the left?"

I was sort of expecting Lua Lua to go off as his delivery was poor. Was Buckley really our MOM? or was it just his turn ?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was sort of expecting Lua Lua to go off as his delivery was poor. Was Buckley really our MOM? or was it just his turn ?

I'm guessing it was just his turn last night, as he certainly didn't put in a man of the match performance. I lost count of the number of crosses he shanked straight into the North Stand, and those he kept in were wildly inaccurate.

It was basically poor delivery from the wings combined with very organised and stout defending from Charlton that denied us anything more than a point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A good friend is a Charlton fan, so for the sake of friendship, I listened to the whole of the playoff final whilst fielding on the boundary in a cricket match. Wasn't that Richard Rufus' first goal in 300 odd appearances? Sasa Illic :bowdown:
And now he's in prison for 7 years for fraud and money laundering.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And now he's in prison for 7 years for fraud and money laundering.

He was promising 60% ROI a year!! His friends and family must be mighty thick to fall for that one. If there was any legal investment offering that kind of return we would all be signing up. You have to do what you can to protect yourselves from the scammers.

His church gave him £5m FFS :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here