Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic ****Official Match Thread****

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Think the confusion about who should start the official match day thread was to blame if I'm honest. It was a bad start.
Come on lads we can't leave these things to chance at this stage of the season. Let's get this sorted out here and now.

My vote is for Rowley to own the thread until we lose. Who's with me?

Do we need a poll on this or can we agree this now?

***grumpy old b'stard alert***

can we agree that all this 'oh no you've not used an ampersand we're doomed' and 'oh my god why only three asterisks we're going to lose' stuff is really tedious and it's about time you all stopped crapping up the first few pages of every. single. freaking. matchday thread with that cow poo? thank you.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
We've all experienced games like that, probably many times over the years. It's a bit like going out on the lash, feeling rampant, but when you get home to your significant other, no matter what you do...it just ain't gonna go in. :shrug:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

can we agree that all this 'oh no you've not used an ampersand we're doomed' and 'oh my god why only three asterisks we're going to lose' stuff is really tedious and it's about time you all stopped crapping up the first few pages of every. single. freaking. matchday thread with that cow poo? thank you.

Afraid it's all part of the ritual for me.... I enjoy it... It's part of my match day experience and I'm sure I'm a grumpier and older **** than you.

One thing is for sure .... we can definitely not agree on anything on NSC

Aug 23, 2011

boo.....

Aug 23, 2011
But before that, listening to the radio, it sounded like he faded?

its hard to tell much from the radio especially listening to a biased commentary but he wasn't in it as much as the first half but it sounded like he came alive again at the end. Its a difficult situation to be in when you're the manager and the side are creating. do you make a change for the sake of it because they haven't scored with the chance that it could mess the good play up?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ha ha thanks fella, it's my pleasure to do it. But only if you guys want me to.
Rowley..... I think you should take the lack of objections as a vote of confidence in your match day tenure for now...... However........ please make sure the Leicester badge is not larger than the Albion badge on Saturday please... Schoolboy error tonight, which cost us 2 points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
God sake how did we not win that
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh

We were not good.

LuaLua was awful, and Calderon bless him was constantly destroyed by their far better and faster little wide man down the left.
God, I hope Leicester haven't got a classy left wide man.

Vicente - disagree with those linking him to our failure to win. A wizard, not quite at his best, but lasted 90 minutes and created so much for the likes of LuaLua to screw up.
Kuzschak, Bridcutt, Bridge, Upson, Ulloa .... I thought played well.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
its hard to tell much from the radio especially listening to a biased commentary but he wasn't in it as much as the first half but it sounded like he came alive again at the end. Its a difficult situation to be in when you're the manager and the side are creating. do you make a change for the sake of it because they haven't scored with the chance that it could mess the good play up?

It is what makes a good manager, knowing when to change things. In my opinion, it is a major weakness with Poyet.

Luckily it is not my call, but if it were, I would have freshened things up a bit. Orlandi coming on at half time at Forest certainly turned the match in our favour - well before he was taken off again for Dunk, and Flappergren's howler.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Rowley..... I think you should take the lack of objections as a vote of confidence in your match day tenure for now...... However........ please make sure the Leicester badge is not larger than the Albion badge on Saturday please... Schoolboy error tonight, which cost us 2 points.

O.K bud, I will remedy my school boy badge error for Saturday. I will deliver the win to calm our play off nerves :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
those stats hardly flatter us
Those stats also don't reflect the game I listened to tonight. We sounded significantly better than that.

Is that BBC stats? Their stats never seem to stack up to me anyway, I wouldn't pay too much attention to them if I was you.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Vicente was bound to be a bit rusty, tonight will have helped. We've also got a breather into Orlandi. Still in our hands.

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We barely ever win when Vicente starts. Strange.
He normally plays well, but it doesn't go our way. He wasn't great today. Overall though we played well though. On to the next.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Those stats also don't reflect the game I listened to tonight. We sounded significantly better than that.

Is that BBC stats? Their stats never seem to stack up to me anyway, I wouldn't pay too much attention to them if I was you.

Stats or no stats, Charlton carried a considerable threat from their academy / far more cheaply assembled forwards, their defence and goalie were made to look good, and it would be hard to argue that they didn't deserve a result.

The Albion were too predictable tonight.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
The Albion were too predictable tonight.

Predictability comes when you throw all your attacking options on to start a game and so when you fail to break down a side, there is nothing on the bench to come on and change the way you are playing.

That is where we are really going to regret not getting an extra striker in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here