Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic ****Official Match Thread****

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is exactly why I would rather we finished 9th instead of 7th (yes, I know we're really going to be in the play-offs), but it would stop the finger-pointing and "what if's". There's not a player in the world that doesn't make mistakes, and you can't blame one for what happens at the end of a season.
Unless it's in the play-off final.....:p

Or a Cup Final (SMITH!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
52% possession , 5 shots on target , 7 shots off target , 14 corners.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think my views on that, and the lack of attacking intent are well know. Ulloa has at least given us a cutting edge. Other teams grinding out a point is only to be expected. Trying to sit on a lead and inviting other teams to come at us is the real problem.

Good point indeed. I wish we had Upson and Ulloa at start of season, we would be right up there. Think we could have a serious wobble if we don't win at weekend.

Aug 23, 2011
But the other games weren't against a team one place above us who would now be below us. We will see at the end of the season how costly it was.

but if we had won one of those other games we drew then we'd be above forest as well. You can analyse any season and take one match and say if we'd won there we'd have got the playoffs, or if we hadn't lost there we wouldn't have been relegated. taking one game means nothing except fuel a vendetta against one player

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We didn't make a substitution, I suppose because all our attacking players were already playing.

IMHO.... we played superbly tonight... what was there to change... arguably Buckley (MoM) for Orlandi was the only change I could see that should have been made. Vicente had a good game, I thought

However I kind of dislike the fact that Orlandi gave way to Vicente. Orlandi has given more to the team this season and I'd rather see Vicente as an impact sub.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Been saying for a year now, he's an impact player, throw him on after 60 minutes to draw fouls from lazy legs and he'll play better, seems like his concentration comes in spurts anyway.

Shame about the lack of finish but you can't expect any striker to keep up Ulloa's record over the long term. 2 points lost but we gained a point over Leicester this week so it's not too bad. Saturday is absolutely vital.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thought Buckley and Lua Lua were both poor tonight they ah the beating of charlton's full backs but there wasn't a decent delivery between them.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Think the confusion about who should start the official match day thread was to blame if I'm honest. It was a bad start.
Come on lads we can't leave these things to chance at this stage of the season. Let's get this sorted out here and now.

My vote is for Rowley to own the thread until we lose. Who's with me?

Do we need a poll on this or can we agree this now?

Ha ha thanks fella, it's my pleasure to do it. But only if you guys want me to.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Been saying for a year now, he's an impact player, throw him on after 60 minutes to draw fouls from lazy legs and he'll play better, seems like his concentration comes in spurts anyway.

Shame about the lack of finish but you can't expect any striker to keep up Ulloa's record over the long term. 2 points lost but we gained a point over Leicester this week so it's not too bad. Saturday is absolutely vital.

We need to remember that there are others closing in on us with this poor run (Palarse excepted). It is far from six from seven for playoffs and automatic spots now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Textbook defensive display by Charlton. Strikers still running down our defenders at the end of the game. Not often I leave a 0-0 draw impressed but I enjoyed watching them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hmmm........I tried to post saying, "This has 0-0 stamped all over it" at the beginning of the second half - but NSC wouldn't let me.........................................sadly, I was right

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think we will win comfortably on Saturday.... but...
With Leicester's run in ( and last match against Forest) even a draw on Saturday would still be a decent result.

We are in a very strong position and playing well. All is well with the world as far as I'm concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here