Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Brighton and Hove Albion v Portimonense, in Ferreiras - Official**

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
2001 Longford match abandoned due to mass brawl - Albion end season as champions.
2010 will history repeat itself?

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
** EXCLUSIVE FIRST PICS OF FIGHT **punish:

fight460.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We shall just have to wait and see what happens. As I see it if the ref reports Barnes he will be banned.

If a player is sent off playing for a pub team in a friendly and the ref reports it he will be banned by the County FA, no question about it.

We shall just have to wait and see what happens. As I see it if the ref reports Barnes he will be banned.

If a player is sent off playing for a pub team in a friendly and the ref reports it he will be banned by the County FA, no question about it.
However, The FA retains the right to charge players in the most serious of misconduct cases and make sanctions applicable to competitive first-team fixtures if it is felt necessary.

So with no knowledge of the situation, you have decided that barnes was guilty of the "most serious of misconduct". I'll take a stab that some bloke in a pub told you this.

Maybe.

But this isn't a pub team. It's a team governed by this rule ...

From the FA Website

The FA
Red card changes

Tuesday, 04 August, 2009
The major changes ahead of the new campaign include:

* In exceptional cases only, the ability to reduce, or increase, on application, the standard punishment for red card offences*
* Sanctions, resulting from red cards shown in pre-season friendly fixtures, will not apply to competitive first team games*
* Bringing forward of the yellow card amnesty cut-off date, from end of February to 31 December
* Suspensions for reaching 5, 10 or 15 yellow cards to begin with immediate effect*

*Only for clubs competing in the Premier League, Football League and Football Conference National

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Albion's friendly against Portimonense in Portugal tonight was abandoned in the second half after a mass confrontation.

The bust-up was sparked by an off-the-ball incident involving Albion striker Ashley Barnes and Portimonense forward Ivanildo.

Ivanildo chased after Barnes and pushed him following a challenge by the Seagulls' frontman.

All hell then broke loose. Albion boss Gus Poyet was first on the pitch to try to calm things down.

He was then joined by the rest of his players and staff, together with the entire Portimonense squad and bench, but no punches were thrown. Referee Nuno Guerreiro marched down the tunnel with his assistants.

Albion trailed 2-0 at the time to goals by Pena just before half-time and an explosive shot by Ivanildo after the break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here