Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton and Hove Albion v Ipswich Town 2/10/2012 Official Thread****

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
just looked out my window and the sky looks like i'd imagine it'd look half hour after 'the bomb' has been dropped, hope that information helps (bit puzzled by your second line though, I suppose The Alps would provide a bit of shelter but dont think it could help us)

Yep, thanks, I'll wear my lead underpants as well as a rain hat. (Although, cf the Snip thread, not strictly necessary)

Its the financial sheltering I'm concerned about... what price increase will there be tonight, will the central bank intervene, and how will that affect the east upper? ;)

Its the financial sheltering I'm concerned about... what price increase will there be tonight, will the central bank intervene, and how will that affect the east upper? ;)

wouldn't worry about that, I'm just back from Greece, the locals seemed happy enough to sit around the town squares cuffing Amstel at 5 euros a pint, so the shite they flog us in plastic cups is a bargain

372017083.jpg

this image is up there with Cantona's flying kick :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scouting Report

Summary @

TWTD.co.uk | Town Look to Build on Barnsley Point at Brighton - Ipswich Town News

What are the betting odds on Chopra not to score. Game is more likely to be like the Barnsley game that the Birmingham one. But we got the rub of the green against Barnsley and were flattered that their keeper gave us the opening goal on a plate.

I think the midfield will be congested and we will have to get around on the flanks. As we have not got a target man it means the midfield will have to run into the box at the right time. I'm sure that Dobbie will start for us.

Usual back five (perhaps with Calderon instead of Bruno) with Hammond and Bridcutt in front. Dobbie, Buckley and two others: Dicker to take the corners and Barnes for his aerial ability. I have never ben right with the team yet, but surely I can't get this selection wrong?!

Team almost picks itself . No starting place for Lopez ??? I would not rule this out George Barker played for the reserves last night so he will not be in the squad, despite all his goals.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Summary @

TWTD.co.uk | Town Look to Build on Barnsley Point at Brighton - Ipswich Town News

What are the betting odds on Chopra not to score. Game is more likely to be like the Barnsley game that the Birmingham one. But we got the rub of the green against Barnsley and were flattered that their keeper gave us the opening goal on a plate.

I think the midfield will be congested and we will have to get around on the flanks. As we have not got a target man it means the midfield will have to run into the box at the right time. I'm sure that Dobbie will start for us.

Usual back five (perhaps with Calderon instead of Bruno) with Hammond and Bridcutt in front. Dobbie, Buckley and two others: Dicker to take the corners and Barnes for his aerial ability. I have never ben right with the team yet, but surely I can't get this selection wrong?!

Team almost picks itself . No starting place for Lopez ??? I would not rule this out George Barker played for the reserves last night so he will not be in the squad, despite all his goals.

I hope you get it wrong in as much as Lua Lua starting ahead of Buckley. Buckley was very poor on Saturday.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I hope you get it wrong in as much as Lua Lua starting ahead of Buckley. Buckley was very poor on Saturday.

I think we might have give credit to Robinson. I am not so sure Hammond deserves a place. I think I would always play Buckley, if fit. He even attempts to cross with his left peg.

I think it will be a battle of attrition. Who will take a penalty for us if we get on (quite likely)? Lualua definitely in the squad (my choice) and he seems to be fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we might have give credit to Robinson. I am not so sure Hammond deserves a place. I think I would always play Buckley, if fit. He even attempts to cross with his left peg.

I think it will be a battle of attrition. Who will take a penalty for us if we get on (quite likely)?

No credit to Robinson, Buckley consistently got into good positions then his final ball/shot were woeful. Just wasn't his night. That shot where he was offside was attrocious.

For me, Buckley and LuaLua are very close, on ability. I think both are capable of quite great performances, some seem to have forgotten just how good LuaLua was in the promotion season.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No credit to Robinson, Buckley consistently got into good positions then his final ball/shot were woeful. Just wasn't his night. That shot where he was offside was attrocious.

For me, Buckley and LuaLua are very close, on ability. I think both are capable of quite great performances, some seem to have forgotten just how good LuaLua was in the promotion season.

But that was before his injury. He has not yet recaptured that form.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

He's barely been given a chance, and often looks very dangerous in the 10 minute cameos he gets given. Often wins free kicks in dangerous spots, and his final ball has come on leaps and bounds over the last year or so.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

And he can lose the ball in dangerous areas. I crap myself everytime someone gives him the ball in midfield. Great to watch when he is on the wing. Buckleybetter in defence IMO

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Lets hope the finishing and running into goalscoring positions is more clinical tonight. Goalscorers have got to take a gamble.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
To my mind this is a more attractive fixture than the Birmingham one, but there are still seats available at £34 + £2. Will the attendance fall below 24,000 with two games in a week?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that possibly Croft and Orlandi if fit could be in with a shout of a least being on the bench, which was very poor and stretched against Brum with injuries. Dont see any changes to the starting XI

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Player on already....................WTF
and it is heaving it down here in Eastbourne .........hope it dries up a bit before KO

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Bugger, was looking forward to going tonight but given the weather and the fact I'm feeling rough as s**t I'm going to have to give it a miss. I'm sure that we'll bounce back from Saturday though so I'm predicting a 2-0 win!!

:albion2::clap2::albion2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and it is heaving it down here in Eastbourne .........hope it dries up a bit before KO

Due to a number of complaints about the crap service ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

This thread is going to be great with all the double postings :lol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this happened last season and I think the one before as well it will go back to being absolute shite again believe me

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this happened last season and I think the one before as well it will go back to being absolute shite again believe me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here