Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton and Hove Albion v Ipswich Town 2/10/2012 Official Thread****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Naylor has announced on Twitter that Bruno is doubtful for tonight.

Taricco says that several players are 50/50. Yesterday.

Blackpool got six against their dodgy defence. I just hope we win. It won't be that easy! Their goalscoring seems to have dried up as they scored many more than we did on their travels last season.

PS: History. When we beat Ipswich in a League Cup game in the late seventies, it was the first time we had defeated a top flight club for 43 years. The train journey for the 0-0 away draw was an excursion to the more unusual railway lines in north London.

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Expecting a win tonight, they arent doing that well - wont be comfortable though. 2-0 to the Albion.

The thread seems as ropey as mine and that worked fine - i think it will get us the win !!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
We switched back to an even number of asterisks each side of the title on the last match.....just saying :whistle:

Anyway, I still reckon we'll win big :thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was very concerned with the quality on the bench on Saturday, hope we have more to pick from tonight. Would be good to see Crofts, CMS and Bruno back very soon.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
weather looks shit, last time it was really shit was against Palace, we know what happened there.

Smallest gate of the season for me. I think we will just about get 24k.
Some changes to the starting 11for me tonight, but a 2-1 win for the super stripes (even though I have gone with a draw in predictor)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just looked at last season, too. Painter was an unused sub once: a loss v Reading.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What if he brings him ON? Does THAT break the curse?

I have looked through 2010/11, 2011/12, and this season, and that has never happened. He has been on the bench four times, never brought on, and we've lost all four of them.

Wait, I didn't have squad appearances for the season before, just looked on espnsoccernet and he made one sub appearance for us in2009/10 in a 0-0 draw with MK Dons.

If we're clinging on to a draw or a one goal lead, perhaps painter for anyone should be that time wasting substitution we do in the dying moments, just to be safe...

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
What's the weather down in Sussex at the moment?
I think tonight could be where we learn how sheltered the EU is - or isn't - according to the wind direction.

I think tonight could be where we learn how sheltered the EU is - or isn't - according to the wind direction.

just looked out my window and the sky looks like i'd imagine it'd look half hour after 'the bomb' has been dropped, hope that information helps (bit puzzled by your second line though, I suppose The Alps would provide a bit of shelter but dont think it could help us)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Lol

372017083.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Currently intermittent showers about a mile and a bit away from the amex. Met Office website says rain forecast for this evening. Wind from the south west. Since the stands are not entirely accurate according to their names, I think the wind may blow the rain right at the east stand, depending on how much the west stand blocks the wind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here