smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
there goes my starting the 'official game thread' run. pants :(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This..

I also think Buckly should have started today!

Gus reveals afterwards that Buckley was not fully fit and that is why he was on the bench. Paul Jewell with 550 games as a Manager under his belt played defensive recognising that Albion are the team to beat (top 5 according to Gus). It would have been a travesty if the Albion got three points the way the game panned out. I could see why Ipswich scored 30 goals away from home last year and they beat West Ham 5-1 last year, so I did not expect it to be easy. A game of half chances and we got more than them but there's looked more dangerous. I would rate all our players at 7. The usual players: Buckley, Bridge and Kuszczak showed their class but did no more than were expected to do.

If anyone plays chess they would know how difficult it is to play against a defensive opponent. It was like a chess game without that much excitement. As per the training manual we did quite a good of drawing them out of defence. Dobbie was the initiator of the only move of real quality in the first half. He does not seem very good with his head (like Gary Hart).

I expected Cardiff to win the League this year and worryingly, Palace look far better than the bookies think.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Having watched as a neutral your team looks good.
I have saw Dobbie playing for Blackpool and Swansea, he is not a lone striker, he is much more dangerous and effective playing behind the striker.
CMS on his return will link up well with Dobbie.

There you go, a sensible man with a sensible view of a footballer....... cheers. I would love to hear his views on Dicker and Barnes..... chuckle.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
How good was Edwards for Ipswich last night. Very effective I thought, and an excellent move to set up their goal. Thought he did a great job in keeping Bridge quiet, unfortunately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here