Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton (Amex Stadium) 4th in away day experience for fans

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why would anyone care if there is 1 away fan or 3000? Mental.

Helps to pay the bills-a concept unfamiliar to you lot.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hang on, you're (well, some) are moaning about an old ground with old facilities but you would enjoy it if there was no roof...

Right-o.

I enjoy terraces and roofless stands. Best football grounds in the league. Although sadly, they are now mostly non-league.

Where did I say I'd enjoy it? Simply pointing out that after 12 years of no roof, 2 hours at your shithole won't exactly be hell will it?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
None of us have erased anything pre-Amex. Once again you appear to have completely missed the point in that football has moved on and we're no longer in the 70s (pre 60s in your case) and it is no longer acceptable to expect visiting supporters to be penned in a shit hole that reeks of stale piss and is unsafe.

Oh come on its not that bad , I'm pretty certain the toilets are cleaned regularly its not our problem if away fans go where they are so to speak . If it was unsafe I'm sure health and safety would be on our case so I feel your being slightly hysterical . That said a certain rotund Liverpool fan was seen to mouth " I don't belieeeeve it " a few weeks back so obviously it isn't to everyone's liking . I'm sure in time we will have comfy cushioned seats to sit in if we're made to sit down .

SDG

May 26, 2014
Helps to pay the bills-a concept unfamiliar to you lot.

I actually pay my bills?! As do CPFC2010 and the club.

Simon Jordan didn't.

Terry Venables ensured Mark Goldberg didn't.

One could also point out the irony in a team losing £10m+ a season as well as being £100m+ in debt insulting another teams finances, but I'll leave that one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ditto from Leeds, Peterborough and Exeter. It is of course the league position and results which are all important, as we all know.

But for the record, it is still the worst ground, but then with Burnley and QPR going up, you lot might get a reprieve from having the worst ground (and relegation as well, probably).
They're way, WAY better than Selhurst. I like Burnley personally.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Ultimately this is about what priority a Clubs owners and Board are able to give to the fans.

Some of the Clubs featuring in that poll are skint and grubbing around in the lower leagues, barely existing from week to week. They don't have a spare penny to enhance facilities for fans and do the minimum to secure a safety certificate.

However when financial circumstances change (such as a new Club owner) then it is interesting at what point they give due priority to the fans. If Tony Bloom had taken over and despite his personal wealth had decided on a future at Withdean (hypothetical question of course) with no significant enhancements to facilities I suspect the fans would have been grateful for a saviour - especially if we were playing decent footie, but at what point would they got fed up getting soaked/sunburnt/hypothermic? At least we did not discriminate - and guaranteed that 90% of home and away fans suffered the same experience.

What about when a Club gains a huge financial windfall (such as in the PL), then charges its fans PL ticket prices, chooses to spend way in excess of its annual turnover on transfer fees and wages but does the minimum to enhance facilities for those fans? Yet the Owners / Board know that they barely comply with the safety standards - and probably only with 'special' conditions to allow the stands to continue to be used - and only for a limited period, for which they then beg further concessions.

Having said that while Clubs like Pompey and Palace may have poor facilities (not just for away fans) they are recognised as having decent atmospheres. Is that an acceptable reason for doing little or nothing about facilities? It would be interesting to see if they fear their homes will become more sanitised if they ever upgrade them.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Sounds like bollocks if it's largely based on distance and day of kickoff, as these are uncontrollable.

It's the only way to Explain MK Dongs being at number 1, as it's such a dull place to visit and the ground is like a car park. Also probably explains why Leeds are last as they're always on Sky. Peterborough being near the bottom is a joke too: central, nice pubs, terrace etc.

Good to see Palarse in their rightful place though.

No terrace at Peterborough since December 2013.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
None of us have erased anything pre-Amex. Once again you appear to have completely missed the point in that football has moved on and we're no longer in the 70s (pre 60s in your case) and it is no longer acceptable to expect visiting supporters to be penned in a shit hole that reeks of stale piss and is unsafe.

Oh stop being a drama queen Brian.
It's not unsafe, it complies with all safety requirements, so stop your Palace bashing.
I think the 80 minute stampede at the Amex is more of a safety issue .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I actually pay my bills?! As do CPFC2010 and the club.

Simon Jordan didn't.

Terry Venables ensured Mark Goldberg didn't.

One could also point out the irony in a team losing £10m+ a season as well as being £100m+ in debt insulting another teams finances, but I'll leave that one.

Not insulting-stating facts or did I miss your club paying its debts instead of going tits up and embarking on yet another spending spree under yet another name? Twice.

Who is the £100 Million owed to? What happens to the loan if the club cannot repay it? Do you know?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Oh stop being a drama queen Brian.
It's not unsafe, it complies with all safety requirements, so stop your Palace bashing.
I think the 80 minute stampede at the Amex is more of a safety issue .

A Palace fan complaining about Palace bashing on a Brighton forum? You can always piss off to your own censored boards if you you don't like what's being said.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not really. We're in the Premier League now. All things considered, it has worked out exceptionally well for us :)

That is exactly what Pompey fans were telling us 5 years ago. Lets all hope you sign Peter Crouch on a 3 year deal :lol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
A Palace fan complaining about Palace bashing on a Brighton forum? You can always piss off to your own censored boards if you you don't like what's being said.

I'm not complaining Brian, I'm just putting you right on a few matters.
I'm quite happy to take the abuse that's luzzed our way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here