Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton (Amex Stadium) 4th in away day experience for fans

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who gives a fu ck soggy . If away fans have a crap day out in a crap town with a crap stadium then good . I say let them go home with their tails between their legs and moan about it . I think you lot prefer away fans to have a good day at the Amex , complement the pies , beers and seats then come on here to tell you all about it . Feck that , I don't care about their experience and when we re develop fortress selhurst I hope the away section is the last section to be completed !

All you need to do on matchdays is to set fire to the place and surrounding areas then you'll have the full set on hospitality-why don't you ask your numbnut friends to see if they can arrange it?

You people really are living in a timewarp aren't you? It's quite amusing watching people like you desperately trying to become the new 'old' Millwall. What a fecking joke you lot are.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
The Amex is great for away fans - they have an enjoyable, stress-free and memorable day.

As do away players once you bungle into the play-offs.

As if anyone really gives a sh*t if the Surrey-based Gooners etc have a nice day.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Has the new cladding been nicked ? Don't panic Sainsbury's next door have a small DIY section down aisle 9.

Even if such a disaster has occurred, it is unlikely it would detract a great deal from the anticipation of another season in the nation's top league. Conversely, I'm sure any teams whose past two seasons have ended in heartache can content themselves with their salubrious surroundings, regardless of the disasters unfolding before their eyes on the pitch.

Don't forget also that Croydon is a shit hole. Reminding Palace fans of that I'm sure will take the gloss off their season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
All you need to do on matchdays is to set fire to the place and surrounding areas then you'll have the full set on hospitality-why don't you ask your numbnut friends to see if they can arrange it?

You people really are living in a timewarp aren't you? It's quite amusing watching people like you desperately trying to become the new 'old' Millwall. What a fecking joke you lot are.

:smile: what a great post . I wonder when we re develope fortress selhurst ( however long it takes ) we maintain the great atmosphere ( ala the old den ) and make sure it has all the required fire check ratings . When it's done I just hope we don't look down our noses at other grounds when don't quite live up to our new greater expectations for pre and post match experiences , In saying that I'm 100% sure that won't be the case .Some of you seem to have erased everything pre Amex ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
One can sense the panic emanating from Selhurst Park as we speak.

Ditto from Leeds, Peterborough and Exeter. It is of course the league position and results which are all important, as we all know.

But for the record, it is still the worst ground, but then with Burnley and QPR going up, you lot might get a reprieve from having the worst ground (and relegation as well, probably).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:smile: what a great post . I wonder when we re develope fortress selhurst ( however long it takes ) we maintain the great atmosphere ( ala the old den ) and make sure it has all the required fire check ratings . When it's done I just hope we don't look down our noses at other grounds when don't quite live up to our new greater expectations for pre and post match experiences , In saying that I'm 100% sure that won't be the case .Some of you seem to have erased everything pre Amex ???

None of us have erased anything pre-Amex. Once again you appear to have completely missed the point in that football has moved on and we're no longer in the 70s (pre 60s in your case) and it is no longer acceptable to expect visiting supporters to be penned in a shit hole that reeks of stale piss and is unsafe.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Ditto from Leeds, Peterborough and Exeter. It is of course the league position and results which are all important, as we all know.

But for the record, it is still the worst ground, but then with Burnley and QPR going up, you lot might get a reprieve from having the worst ground (and relegation as well, probably).
So what if it is? Apparently the Amex is one of the best stadiums, but it didn't seem to arrest the level of bitch festing about numerous on field and off field issues at BHAFC throughout the season.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
None of us have erased anything pre-Amex. Once again you appear to have completely missed the point in that football has moved on and we're no longer in the 70s (pre 60s in your case) and it is no longer acceptable to expect visiting supporters to be penned in a shit hole that reeks of stale piss and is unsafe.

The away section was sold out for pretty much all the games at SP last season. It seems it's perfectly reasonable to expect people will manage 90 minutes in the AW regardless of the life threatening pitfalls of which you speak.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A thread about the Amex now thoroughly infected.

Shouldn't the relevant posts be moved to the palace dumping thread ???

SDG

May 26, 2014

With respect, result aside, I enjoyed the atmosphere and ambience of the Exeter Terrace in the League Cup more than a trip to the Amex or any other new ground I've been to.

SDG

May 26, 2014
A thread about the Amex now thoroughly infected.

Shouldn't the relevant posts be moved to the palace dumping thread ???

Why? People are having a discussion.

Don't get all precious about it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I said for years that I would remove the roof over the away section. Welcome to Hell!

Your away stand didn't use to have a roof so it'll be like going back in time for visitors. As for 'Welcome to Hell', what are you on? If there's no roof the next time Brighton play there do you really think that after 12 years at Withdean and 2 at Gillingham that it will be hell for us? No roof isn't anywhere as bad as you'd like it to be, in fact it will probably have the opposite affect for away fans.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Who the hell are you to call me precious ???

Stop crying about whether away fans will come back to your "stadium" or not.

Why would anyone care if there is 1 away fan or 3000? Mental.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Your away stand didn't use to have a roof so it'll be like going back in time for visitors. As for 'Welcome to Hell', what are you on? If there's no roof the next time Brighton play there do you really think that after 12 years at Withdean and 2 at Gillingham that it will be hell for us? No roof isn't anywhere as bad as you'd like it to be, in fact it will probably have the opposite affect for away fans.
Hang on, you're (well, some) are moaning about an old ground with old facilities but you would enjoy it if there was no roof...

Right-o.

I enjoy terraces and roofless stands. Best football grounds in the league. Although sadly, they are now mostly non-league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here