Bridge rejects QPR.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Half our defence last season are being released who were excellent. Our player of the season for the last two years, wasn't deemed worth a contract for a Championship club a few years ago.

To be fair, Bridge and Upson weren't "ours" to release (or keep).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't start with that one, Icy! There'll be plenty of doom-mongers ready to lap that one up. ... and, of course, it will all be Barber's fault!

Yeah I'll save that for a Monday morning thread if we still haven't heard anything by then :thumbsup:

Barber is becoming more and more like the anti Christ as each day passes :wink:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
By the same token, Manchester City are 'rudderless' on the playing side. Amazingly they've just signed two players!

And as far as an 'educated guess' is concerned, the only 'education' any of us has in the matter is that Gus is suspended. We have no more 'education' than that on the matter.

If you are right, then Tony Bloom and the Board are guilty of a serious dereliction of duty towards the club - a club into which he has put many millions....

I don't have an educated guess, just an unsubstantiated guess that things behind the scenes at the club are not as catastrophic as some make out.

The Man City deals appear to have been done some time ago. Pellegrini also appears to have effectively been in place before Mancini left. Seems to me that there's little argument that they are 'rudderless' on the playing side. A bit unstable, because of the change, but not rudderless.

Talking of a 'dereliction of duty' by the Chairman and the club being 'catastrophic' are deliberate exaggerations of my position though. The fact is we don't have a manager (or an assistant one) working at the club at the moment. How you can think that's anything other than an unfavourable position to be in is beyond me. It it clearly is and if it isn't cleared up soon, the consequences will worsen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports