Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge rejects QPR.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Very much this!!!
All the players that are any good being released by premier and championship clubs are already in talks with clubs wanting to sign them.
And we dont even know who will be running the team next season!!.

What free agent is gonna sign for us not knowing who they will be calling boss next season??

If they are any good, why are they being released?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Half our defence last season are being released who were excellent. Our player of the season for the last two years, wasn't deemed worth a contract for a Championship club a few years ago.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

They may be judged not good enough to play in the Premier League but are decent enough to excel in The Championship.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
Just don't like Harry's way of dealing with players he signs. It seems like he wants to sign every player going and sell players on quite often at a big profit. Would this be down to past dealings where he allegedly received a percentage of said profits, hence the more business conducted, the more personal profit made, supposedly with whatever clubs blessing.

I for one do not want a manager buying and selling MY clubs players to feather his own nest. As far as I am concerned, IF he were to be entrusted with the managers job for MY club, he would have signed a fairly lucrative contract, probably with results based bonuses built in. Therefore any profits made on players should totally go into the clubs coffers to be spent how the club sees fit.

I wonder how Portsmouth fans feel knowing the level of debt they have had to endure, yet the manager was allegedly creaming off a percentage of profits from the sale of their best players?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The manager, assistant manager and first team coach are all suspended. They can't go near the ground. The manager is actually in Barbados at the moment where I doubt he is doing any business for the club he is suspended from.

What possible argument do you have for us not being rudderless on the playing side?

I don't. I have no idea if the club is rudderless or not at the moment. Nor do you or anyone else.

I don't believe that Tony Bloom and the Board would allow the club to be rudderless in any department. The Suspended Three are not the only ones in the club involved with the playing side and, when it comes to financial negotiations, I doubt any of the three were ever involved in these anyway.

For sure the manager should identify and approve any releases or signings, but that doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes.

We simply don't know, but when was not knowing ever a reason for NSC not to make 2 + 2 = 145??

It's June 6, most of football is on holiday as Gus would have been anyway, with or without the current 'problems.'

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just don't like Harry's way of dealing with players he signs. It seems like he wants to sign every player going and sell players on quite often at a big profit.

Yes I can see why club chairman wouldn't like that!! :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But not quite good enough to take us up. Obviously. :whistle:

Upson and Bridge as individual players were good enough , Hammond was a bit meh at the beginning but improved. I won't mention Agent Dobbie.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Reading Redknapp's quotes in that article, I think we can assume he won't be our manager while Barber is CEO at the club.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Redknapp, who took over as boss in November but could not prevent the club’s slide into the Championship, wants former England international Wayne Bridge at the club – but has indicated that he is still some way from being able to complete the deal.http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-rournd-qpr-must-buy-say-060438967.html
Surely this part of the article should read 'helped mastermind the club's slide into the Championship'? It's not like he was only there for five weeks or something.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a horrible feeling that this rudderless ship is going to also miss out on players. We are not in a good way at the moment, I don't care what Barber says, everyone else is already making preparations while we sit idle

Absolutely correct. With the Bridge situation we should be in pole position regarding his signing, admittedly we may not be able to agree to his wage demands, but we should at least be TRYING to offer him a deal. This refers to other players who are up for grabs too. While other Clubs are wheeling and dealing we seemingly aren't in a position to offer anybody anything until the 'Gus fiasco' has been concluded. By then of course, it may well be too late.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely correct. With the Bridge situation we should be in pole position regarding his signing, admittedly we may not be able to agree to his wage demands, but we should at least be TRYING to offer him a deal. .

And you know that we're not??

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I don't. I have no idea if the club is rudderless or not at the moment. Nor do you or anyone else.

I don't believe that Tony Bloom and the Board would allow the club to be rudderless in any department. The Suspended Three are not the only ones in the club involved with the playing side and, when it comes to financial negotiations, I doubt any of the three were ever involved in these anyway.

For sure the manager should identify and approve any releases or signings, but that doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes.

We simply don't know, but when was not knowing ever a reason for NSC not to make 2 + 2 = 145??

It's June 6, most of football is on holiday as Gus would have been anyway, with or without the current 'problems.'

This is a stretch frankly.

Yes, Poyet is unlikely to be involved in financial negotiations, but as you say he would identify players and negotiate with them to choose Brighton. Only of course, Poyet isn't at the club at the moment. The likelihood is he won't be come the start of the new season. So I seriously doubt that he's identifying players or planning anything for next season. Unless of course the suspension is purely a scam - which it's very unlikely to be.

2+2=145? Purlease. Just because you don't know exactly what is going on, doesn't mean you can't make an educated guess. And an educated guess is that we are rudderless on the playing side. I can't even see how that's arguable.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I imagine "who is the manager?" is a question most signings would ask especially a player like Bridge.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I imagine "who is the manager?" is a question most signings would ask especially a player like Bridge.

It is almost certainly the first question they ask yes.....after money of course.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
This is a stretch frankly.

Yes, Poyet is unlikely to be involved in financial negotiations, but as you say he would identify players and negotiate with them to choose Brighton. Only of course, Poyet isn't at the club at the moment. The likelihood is he won't be come the start of the new season. So I seriously doubt that he's identifying players or planning anything for next season. Unless of course the suspension is purely a scam - which it's very unlikely to be.

2+2=145? Purlease. Just because you don't know exactly what is going on, doesn't mean you can't make an educated guess. And an educated guess is that we are rudderless on the playing side. I can't even see how that's arguable.

By the same token, Manchester City are 'rudderless' on the playing side. Amazingly they've just signed two players!

And as far as an 'educated guess' is concerned, the only 'education' any of us has in the matter is that Gus is suspended. We have no more 'education' than that on the matter.

If you are right, then Tony Bloom and the Board are guilty of a serious dereliction of duty towards the club - a club into which he has put many millions....

I don't have an educated guess, just an unsubstantiated guess that things behind the scenes at the club are not as catastrophic as some make out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, just an unsubstantiated guess that things behind the scenes at the club are not as catastrophic as some make out.

Unless of course TB has reached the ceiling with his investment :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here