Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge rejects QPR.

Redknapp was forthright in front of TV cameras yesterday, saying of the club’s transfer policy: “If we don’t change it, and I don’t get the players that I want to bring in, then we have not got a chance.
“You can’t have other people having a say at all, I’m a football person and I’ve got a staff around me of football people.
“We’ve got to make the decisions, and if we make the right ones we will have a chance. Otherwise, if other people want to make decisions we’ve got no chance.
... the Board and the head of football operations are perfectly capable of making decisions without the coach, and will be.

Two contrasting views of how football works. I'm with 'arry on this one.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Redknapp, who took over as boss in November but could not prevent the club’s slide into the Championship, wants former England international Wayne Bridge at the club – but has indicated that he is still some way from being able to complete the deal.
The move for Bridge, a free agent after a season at Brighton, has caused a massive rift behind the scenes at Loftus Road, report the Daily Mirror.
It is believed that QPR are keen to offload some of their expensive array of players before they start sanctioning further transfers – the club have spent lavishly in each of the last few transfer windows, and have a bloated squad.
Redknapp was forthright in front of TV cameras yesterday, saying of the club’s transfer policy: “If we don’t change it, and I don’t get the players that I want to bring in, then we have not got a chance.
“You can’t have other people having a say at all, I’m a football person and I’ve got a staff around me of football people.
“We’ve got to make the decisions, and if we make the right ones we will have a chance. Otherwise, if other people want to make decisions we’ve got no chance.
“If I don’t get that, then I wouldn’t stick around.
“I’ll speak to Tony Fernandes. They’ve got to back me with the people I want.
“I’m not asking him to spend money, I’m looking at a couple of free transfers.
“I’m trying to get Wayne Bridge, I thought he did fantastically well with Brighton, he’d be a good left-back for us.
“He’s got great experience, looks in great shape and is a player I want to bring in on a free. I’m hoping that’s the first deal I can do.
“Tony is away, but I’ll speak to him and see if we can get the deal done.”

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-paper-rournd-qpr-must-buy-say-060438967.html

How can Redknapp claim he hasnt been backed?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In the meantime, the Board and the head of football operations are perfectly capable of making decisions without the coach, and will be.
... not forgetting that players generally consider more than just the money when signing for a club, particularly high profile players. In that I mean for example, that a potential ex Prem player, or even overseas player, will look at the coaching setup and playing philosophy when considering a club. Our continuing state of flux will almost certainly put us on the back foot until we have a decision one way or another when players are deciding where to move to.

Don't be fooled into thinking the deals are always done in the final throws of the window either,..... negotiations are already in full swing, approaches are already being made, right across the footballing world, sadly it is unlikely that anything other than dev squad type players are being considered with the Albion at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harry is being far more publicly outspoken and forthright than Gus ever was. The binfests following Gus's veiled threats sent NSC into meltdown, imagine if he'd come out with some of the comments being attributed to Harry at the moment.

Can't see TB jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by appointing Harry tbh.

Re the thread title, are there any links to Bridge rejecting QPR rather than QPR blocking the signing. There is a difference.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Harry is being far more publicly outspoken and forthright than Gus ever was. The binfests following Gus's veiled threats sent NSC into meltdown, imagine if he'd come out with some of the comments being attributed to Harry at the moment.

Can't see TB jumping out of the frying pan into the fire by appointing Harry tbh.

Re the thread title, are there any links to Bridge rejecting QPR rather than QPR blocking the signing. There is a difference.
So Harry has threatened to 'walk'...as long as it is NOT in our direction...I don't mind...just how many clubs can one man leave with financial problems....like Gus, they all want the club to spend billions because they can soak up the glory when they win titles...it's good for their ego and good for their CV...if they don't get the money they throw their toys out of the pram.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Rudderless ship? Sitting idle?

How do you know that?

The manager, assistant manager and first team coach are all suspended. They can't go near the ground. The manager is actually in Barbados at the moment where I doubt he is doing any business for the club he is suspended from.

What possible argument do you have for us not being rudderless on the playing side?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So Harry has threatened to 'walk'...as long as it is NOT in our direction...I don't mind...just how many clubs can one man leave with financial problems....like Gus, they all want the club to spend billions because they can soak up the glory when they win titles...it's good for their ego and good for their CV...if they don't get the money they throw their toys out of the pram.

Problem is Redknapp hasnt actually won anything aside from the FA cup

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Two contrasting views of how football works. I'm with 'arry on this one.

But wouldn't that mean all his other clubs let him do what he wants with player signings? Nearly all of whom have gone bust?

He can't have it both ways

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here